SpywareBlaster 3.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb-matrix

kb-matrix Registered Member

I too am having difficulty with version 3.1 taking forever to load and determine the protection status. I have read in earlier threads that the size of the registry.dat file may be the culprit. My work computer has a file size of 67,572,310 which for earlier threads qualifies as abnormally large. I have not seen any direction as what the solution is to this problem. Can I simply delete the registry.dat file? I am using Netscape 7.1 which references Mozilla/5.0. Any help would be most appreciated.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i think the problem is netscape, try uninstall it maybe?

this has been discussed in previous threads

good luck :D

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Deleting that registry.dat file will indeed fix the issue - you may, however, lose your custom profile settings (if you've made any) in Netscape.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Allen Williams

Allen Williams Registered Member

Hi Folks,
    I have done it all, everything I have read on these posts about installing Spyblaster. First I was hit by the SASSER and finally got that thing cleaned up. At the Same time I was hit by about:Blank and the Famous Cool Web Search. I have finally got them under control. I have Ad a Ware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyguard, But for the life of me I cannot get the Spyblaster to run. I get the same error "That Spyblaster is Damaged and my hard drive is damaged, bad sector or I have a virus Please reinstall it. Nothing shows up. I have run Nortons 2003 with Live Updates, McCaffees Stinger, Every worm tool out there (almost) and CW Shredder. I have Hijack this, and nothing is showing up there. I also have not been able to download the Sasser fix from Microsoft on their critical update. I just don't know what else to do. As I have said, I have tried everything on this post to get it to work. I have XP Professional Home, IE 6.0. I have all the latest Windows updates (except one). Can anyone tell me what to do or what to check now? There is nothing left. That I can see. Has Spyguard fixed the missing files that I was told in another post that they were having troubles with, when people are downloading it? I have tried every site that offers Spyguard with the same results as above. I have removed it, dozens of times already. PLEASE HELP, OR I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO BLOW IT OFF.
    THANK YOU...TO WHOMEVER HELPS ME.
    Sincerely, Allen Williams

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2004
  5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

6. TangleWeb

TangleWeb Registered Member

Hi group,

Have any of you had experience installing SpywareBlaster on a Windows 2000 server running Terminal Services? I performed a small test on an app server running Windows 2000 that has 5 Windows 98 clients that connect using remote desktop & it seemed to install ok. I'm wondering if the parts of the registry it protects are HKLM AND HKCU? I wouldn't think that it would have to be installed by each user to gain full protection would it?

Are there any concerns on a server?

We have a server farm with users connecting from thin clients using Citrix. We have had a few brushes with Internet parasites, Browser Hijackers, etc & would like to protect against them.

~Dave

7. lrenfrew

lrenfrew Registered Member

A little help would be much appreciated. I installed AdAware 6.0, updated it, and it worked well. I installed SpyBot Search & Destroy, updated it, and it worked well. I installed SpyWare guard v 2.2.0. It works well but I can never get the definitions updated. The SG LiveUpdate eventually fails (appears to timeout) with no error message or code returned. Also, I downloaded SpyWare Blaster 3.1 and installed it. A very odd error occures when I try to run it. I get this error message "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive ...." I have downloaded it a couple different times from both JavaCool and other mirrors. The file name is "spywareblastersetup31.exe", file properties indicate version 3.1.0., size is 2215 KB. I have Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise running as a virus detector with up to date definitions and a scan shows no virus infections. (sorry to be long winded).

1) Can anyone figure out why I cant update the SpyWare Guard definitions.

2) Any idea why SpyWare Blaster fails to start?

Thanks in advance.. Lance

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

9. UFO-Psycho2

UFO-Psycho2 Guest

hello everyone, i am new to this forum, i was curious as to what speed is your computer and how much ram do you have, i have spywareblaster 3.1 installed on all three of my networked pc`s, and i can see a big difference in the speed of loading spywareblaster on all three machines, my newer computer which is a 2.0ghz, 512 ddr ram, winXP home it loads very fast, now my 500 mhz, 384 ram, winXP home and my 566 mhz, 384 ram, winXP home loads this program alot slower. just thought i would throw out my experience with this program, btw this program works great, just wanted to say thank you. I did have one question though, is it possible to run both spywareblaster AND spywareguard at the same time, or is it even needed? i currently only use spywareblaster 3.1

10. snowbound

11. UFO-Psycho2

UFO-Psycho2 Registered Member

thank you snowbound, i just installed SG and its enabled now. thanks :)

12. snowbound

Anytime, enjoy. :)

snowbound

13. lrenfrew

lrenfrew Registered Member

Thanks Snowbound. I made a new post with my HiJackThis log in it. I am making progress and enjoying learning about these kinds of problems and how to fix them. Soon I will have cleaned all the crud from my system. .. Lance

14. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

Hey,

Just wondering. How about auto update for life price? Say like $30?

Thanks,
    Will

15. LisaM

LisaM Registered Member

I installed SpywareBlaster 3.1 today after running Spybot and making sure that my computer was clean. Tonight, I was invaded by Blazefind.Bridge and n-Case. I have just run Spybot and cleared them out again. Why didn't SpywareBlaster 3.1 catch them and prevent them from installing on my computer?

16. chaos945

chaos945 Registered Member

I'd be up for that too.

17. NoL

NoL Guest

I get the "Unexpected Error" while running 3.1 on WinMe

Is there a fix?

TIA

NoL

18. bobcats

bobcats Registered Member

I have installed spyware blaster 3.1 twice now - first time when I went to use it the message I got stated "" cannot find import: DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version... file MSVBVM60.DLL,error 1157''' I sure hope my second download works :rolleyes:

19. snowbound

Hi bobcats :)

Welcome to Wilders.

If the same problem occurs again, go here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

snowbound

20. goldwing388

goldwing388 Registered Member

Hi, I went to the link in your post, and I am speechless. The reminder, of just how personal it was for so many people that day. People who now have no comfort other than knowing that many strangers have chosen to honor their fallen loved ones with a heavy heart.

21. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

Still wondering. ;)

22. Ghostman1953

Ghostman1953 Registered Member

This is where I was told to post this I think so here it is. ;)

Hello John,
    Monday, April 26, 2004, 3:22:15 PM CET +2:00, you wrote:

For starters this has to be one one the best little programs I`ve come across yet. :}
    The question is, I gave a $20.00 donation now I know I didn`t apply for the auto updates but I was wondring if I can still get them now? No problem if I can`t it`s just easier the auto way.Thanks and thanks for making a great program. :)
    This is the general board software email addres; support in regard to
    Javacool softwares is only provided on the dedicated Javacool support
    forums. Please register as a member and post your question on the relevant Javacool software support forum.

So javacool what about it? o_O
    I can give you all the info you need such as addy (real) address all ya need.

PM me or mail me at ghostman1953(AT)canada.com

edited email addy to avoid harvesting - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
  23. snowbound

Hi Ghostman1953,

U should not post your email address. It could be picked up by Harvesters and or Spambots. :eek:

It would be best to edit it out.

snowbound

24. drupert

drupert Registered Member

:mad: I can not download this version. It sends me to an error page. Can someone tell me why? When I go up to download from other sites the same thing happens. This is driving me crazy. Is there someting blocking from these sites to download spyblaster on my computer or I'm just crazy and this not really happening ? lol

25. Is it possible to use spywareblaster and spywaregeuard on the same time on the computer.

thanks for any respons.

frankw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.