SpywareBlaster 3.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would you mind posting the exact contents of the error message that is being displayed? And does it appear when trying to use the Check for Updates feature in the program, or when you try to run the updated version of SpywareBlaster? (3.1)

Thanks. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

2. Silver Ninja

Silver Ninja Guest

Hi Newbie here,Every time I click on links for javacoolsoftware.net/downloads/spyware (from this thread) or try to download avast anti virus or spyware blaster or even mynapster i get the same http 403 error (forbidden).

Its probably something simple (like me) but I'm ready to sell this thing already!

Cheers Silver Ninja (England)

3. wattru

wattru Registered Member

I have seen my problem mentioned earlier, but cannot seem to find any replies addressing this exact problem. My 3.0 version worked perfectly, but 3.1 gives me a message "Run-time error '14'. Out of string space" when I try to open it. I then click "OK" and the program closes. As a result some rather nasty spyware was installed on my C drive last week. Luckily my Spybot program is working correctly and it was able to detect and delete the offending files.

I am running Win98se, 1.6 AMD processor, 512MB ram. I use Netscape 7.0 and Internet Explorer 6.0. I also had an old version of Netscape 4.7 installed and I have uninstalled it in an attempt to clear up this problem but this made no difference. My registry.dat file is a WHOPPING 182MB!!! I can't even open it - wordpad attempts to read the file, but when it reaches about 20 or 21% it starts over at 0% and ultimately I have to control-alt-delete (it shows that wordpad is not responding) and "end task". Earlier posts do not make it clear if it is safe to delete the registry.dat file.

Please help if you can! I was so happy with the 3.0 version, now I feel lost!

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. wattru

wattru Registered Member

6. alanzimmerman

alanzimmerman Registered Member

What are the system requirements for Spyware Blaster and your other products? They all look good. If this is on your website somehow I missed it.

Alan Zimmerman

7. i've got the same problem to you & i did the same things to & still waiting for response!

8. Skikter

Skikter Registered Member

I was running 2.6 for the longest time without any problems, and once I installed 3.1 now I get multiple pop-ups nearly everytime I close a browser. Any suggestions? I didn't realize this was the problem until I installed 3.1 on one of my other computers and the same problem I have on my laptop immediately started happening on this computer.

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Exactly what are those pop-ups? Error messages? And what do they say?

Thanks,

-Javacool

10. Skikter

Skikter Registered Member

The pop-ups are from Fastclick.edgesuite.net & manipulatingthesurface.com both refer on to casalmedia.com One is offering screensavers or smileys the other is selling luggage.

11. Olivier

Olivier Guest

Hi le charmant22,

The only answer I receive concerning this problem is that maybe the cause will be the fact that my windows XP is in Frencho_O But I still doesn't understand why I have this problem with this version (3.1) since the spywareblaster 3.0 didn't have this kind of problem.

By the way my problem isn't solve yet either ;-)

12. cprochas

cprochas Registered Member

The new version just gives me a blank window with a message stating that Spywareblaster is not responding. (I did uninstall 3.0) I have Windows ME. Help!

13. not given

not given Guest

I am recieving a number of errors with SpywareBlaster 3.1

When I launch spywareblaster I recieve the error:

"Unexpected Error"

When I launch spwareblaster autoupdate I recieve the error:

"run-time error '50003':
    Unexpected error"

14. Blaster_fan

Blaster_fan Guest

Version 3.1 is working great. Installed perfectly on my 200MGZ PEN 1 (Yes MGZ) WIN XP PRO Machine with 128 RAM. Great program. THANKS!!!!!

15. Heli Bass

Heli Bass Registered Member

I got the "Error while unpacking program, code 4. Please report to author." message. So I am reporting it. I noticed another person got it a week ago and it is being addressed. Any idea on the time frame?

System here is an AMD 900 Duron, Win98SE, 256 megs memory, IE 6.

If any other info is needed, just let me know.

Thanks

Keith

16. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I'm waiting for 3.2. ;)

17. xcop

xcop Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.1 released! or I HATE Progress!!

I am having the same error messages whenever I try to run spywareblaster. I did uninstall the previous version, but, I am unable to run the program. It installs just fine. I am using win 2k professional. If anyone out ther has any ideas, please help.

18. rondownie

rondownie Registered Member

I can't open SpywareBlaster 3.1 after download. Attempting to open, I get message: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it." Upon reinstall, same message appears.

19. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Rondownie - go HERE and follow the directions given. This may or may not help clear this problem.

20. Debugnus

Debugnus Guest

I have SB 3.1.. it works great at the moment I think...
    But, when I try the update button It will not connect to the update at all...
    I even have ADSL BroadBand and cannot update...
    I love this proggy so please fix him fast.. the poor lil proggy is sick i think...
    he needs help LOL

..::Bugs::..

21. Teddy

Teddy Guest

I got the same ERROR message as some others:

"This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

My computer have no viruses/trojans or other problems...or maybe it has!

Any more ideas somebody??
    Best wishes
    Ted

22. tyfris

tyfris Guest

I have the same problem. What can we do ?

23. centauro

centauro Guest

Dear Javacool:
    I've uninstalled first the Spywareblaster 2.6.1 and then I downloaded the Sp. 3.1 and a message appears as this : "the file is damaged; may be a virus or another problem". I run by Windows 98 SE. I have read the problem probably would be the Windows 98, I dont know.
    Please send me an answer and a solution for me. My e-mail is:
    27931jf@comb.es

From Spain,
    Jorge.
    Thank you very much.

24. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Well for what it is worth ... uninstalled the 2.1 version without a problem, installed 3.1 - all is well and running smoothly [touch wood, so far!]. No problem getting the updates either. Am running WindowsXP, 512RAM and 100GB Hard-drive, on high speed cable; Avast 4 Home Ed.; ZAP; new version of SpyBot; Ad-Aware, spywareguard; IE-Spyad; IE - no conflicts detected so far. :cool: Just thought you might like to hear from someone that is thumbs up!

25. Teddy

Teddy Guest

My god, there is something fishy going on in my computer after all. I'll try the suggestion made by "dangitall" as well. Tell you what happens soon.

Boy, have this been a scary week for me. First my cell phone was stolen, then I lost my car keys, my knee hurts terribly after playing floorhockey the other day and now, my girlfriend is going to leave me, at least that's what she says if I don't stop playing with my computer trying to solve some silly "bad sector.. or virus thing" .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.