SpywareBlaster 3.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajg

ajg Registered Member

At Last!! After all my posts All is well.

One of the problems was a huuuuge registry.dat file.

Everything wonderful. Definately y'all deserve a donation.

Cheers,

AJG

2. rogerwilco

rogerwilco Registered Member

That would be great! Thanks.

3. Robert Worrill

Robert Worrill Registered Member

Subsequent to the last post I have now had the chance to log in from my work computer and there is no problem. I really do think that SpywareBlaster has caused me to be unable to log on to ICQmail. It will be a problem for anyone using the ICQemail site and SWBlaster, I have tried disabling all protection etc, but still cannot get in. Anyone got any ideas?

4. Robert Worrill

Hmm, I have reread my post and realized that I have not made it clear that it is my home computer that is faulty. I have a dual boot Win98SE and Win2k with the latest version of SWBlaster on each, I am now virtually certain that it is this latest version that has caused the problem certainly the last version worked fine. Only Icqmail is unattainable, I use 5 other sites. I have checked my Hosts file and tried everything I can think of. Soon I will un-install SWBlaster if no-one comes up with a solution.

5. Olivier

Olivier Guest

Hi !
    I was using Spyware Blaster Version 3.0 with no problem to protect
    Mozilla-FireFox 0.8. But the new version3.1 do not reconized any Mozilla FireFox 0.8 on my system...

I try to uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla/firefox 0.8 without more success and I also try the same with spyware blaster 3.1 (uninstalled and reinstalled) with no more lucko_O

What's the problem with this version should I reinstalled v 3.0 (wich didn't have that kind of problem)o_O

My system is Windows XP

Thank you for your helps,

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you disabled SpywareBlaster's protection there should have been nothing left on your system that could have even potentially caused such a conflict, so I would suspect SpywareBlaster is not the cause here.

Have you installed or configured anything else recently?

Thanks,

-Javacool

7. pappy

pappy Registered Member

:D 2.4 GHZ., P-4, 512 MB ram, HP home, IE 6, NAV, Spybot 1.2 and Spywareblaster 3.1
    Just downloaded Spywareblaster ver.3.1 with updates and did not uninstall previous version first.......................ALL is well!

8. Robert Worrill

Right, a number of times I have disabled all of the protection and then gone into Restricted Sites and found that I cannot delete the sites there, they always come back, I think these are the restricted sites from SWBlaster. I have two operating systems exhibiting the same problem although they are on separate partitions on the hard drive, I installed the new version of SWBlaster on both of them, then the problem started. The only new thing I have installed, and that is on only one partition is Jumbled Letters. Anyway no rush, I don't see why you can't open an ICQ email and see if you have the problem, I will attempt to put SWBlaster onto another computer that still gets into my ICQ email and see if it causes the problem.

I am in no real hurry to fix this although it is inconvenient not to be able to use the account from my home computer.

Regards Robert.

9. Parputt

Parputt Registered Member

Wondering if a small annoyance could be addressed. After updating one has to go into each XP profile to "enable all protection". Would it be possible for a future product update to address this and make it so when you "enable all protection" it is across the board and not just for the profile you are currently on? Thanks.

10. TimHack

TimHack Guest

Have a WIN98 system, which ran SB 3 (and previous versions) fine. Uninstalled SB 3, installed 3.1 and now when I try to run SB I only get a blank main SB page. Disk is humming away, but nothing happens. Task mgr shows SB as "not responding". Have downloaded and installed the missing and other files suggested by the SB FAQs but the above problems still persist.

11. JTT

JTT Guest

Exact same symptoms running Win98SE

12. javacool

Hi,

Do you have the Mozilla, Netscape, or Firefox browsers installed?

Thanks,

-Javacool

13. Rogue_Hunter

Rogue_Hunter Registered Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHack
    Have a WIN98 system, which ran SB 3 (and previous versions) fine. Uninstalled SB 3, installed 3.1 and now when I try to run SB I only get a blank main SB page. Disk is humming away, but nothing happens. Task mgr shows SB as "not responding". Have downloaded and installed the missing and other files suggested by the SB FAQs but the above problems still persist.

Yeah Same problem with me too, am running Windows 98 as well, but I do have Netscape 7.0 installed.

14. javacool

Ahah! That would probably be the cause of the problem.

I've had a few other reports of problems when Netscape 7.x is installed. I'm trying to work on a solution now. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

15. diboja

diboja Registered Member

I have windows 98SE and have used Spywareblaster(Great Product) for quite a long period of time - I have never had any problems until version 3.1. I have hispeed cable connection (sorry to join the list of folks having problems)

I use Netscape 7 and also IE 6 Browsers....
    Tried all download sites with both browsers - didn't download.
    Finally using Net 7 It downloaded after 14-15 minutes.
    Install took about 20 minutes
    To load protection took about 20-25 minutes

Now it won't work - I get a white window which will load after about 19-20 minutes and spyblaster appears but nothing will work.

I have uninstalled and will be checking in on the forums to see if anything gets resolved.

16. romeroom

romeroom Registered Member

I have been having difficulty manually updating since upgrading to 3.0 then subsequently 3.1. When I try to check for updates I consistently get, "Error connecting to update server." This happens no matter what time of day or night, everytime.

I have a broadband connection to the internet via a router.

17. Ian Bartlett

Ian Bartlett Guest

I have Win95 and IE5. I updated 2.6.1 to 3.0 by installing 3.0 over 2.6.1(without uninstalling) with success and I have now updated 3.0 to 3.1 by the same method. It all seems fine. I notice you recommend uninstallation of 3.0 before installing 3.1. Is there a reason this time and have I done something wrong?

18. frazky

frazky Registered Member

"Error while unpacking program, code 4. Please report to author."
    I have IE6 and 3.1vsn.. Running Win98 updated...

previous versions no problems.. please help asap.

19. curiousmark

curiousmark Registered Member

Problem with WinME.

Hi,

V.3.0 was working great on my WinMe laptop. To update, I uninstalled v. 3.0 first. Then installed v. 3.1. The GUI is blank and I end up having to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to end the task from the Task Manager.

Let me know when a fix is found.

Thanks!

Also: where can I get version 3.0 to install in the meanwhile?

20. javacool

Hi,

This will be fixed as soon as possible.

When you say the previous version caused no problems, do you mean 3.0?

Best regards,

-Javacool

21. TimHack

TimHack Guest

Am using Netscape 7.1; and IE 6 w. latest patches. SB 3.1 was downloaded through IE.

SB 3.1 eventually came up, when I let it run, and enabled all protection after about 13 minutes. Still takes about that long to start up fully whenever I run it.

registry file (Windows/Application Data/Mozilla) is about 35MB.

There is one profile in the Mozilla folder.

22. ohman

ohman Guest

How do i know that spyware blaster 3.1 has detected my firefox 0.8 profile, because spyware blaster is not blocking any cookies in firefox it claims to protect against even after the mozilla/firefox protection is enabled.

23. javacool

That registry.dat file is rediculously huge! Something isn't right there, and I'm fairly certain Netscape is the cause. o_O

Would it be possible for you to open that file in Notepad or Wordpad, and select the first 100 or so lines to send to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com ? (Obviously I won't be able to accept the whole 35 MB file, but I'd like to see the first couple hundred lines if possible.) Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

24. Arphaxat

Arphaxat Guest

Just wanted to tell you that your very prog SpywareBlaster is the very very coolest software on earth that's been created in the last few years. First, a big (cannot be big enough:) thankyou fellow.

It may sound a bit exaggerated, but to me you're quite a genius and a very smooth one.

I am using SpywareBlaster since (almost since) it's very first publishing date.
    And I've changed my PC's and operating systems twice since then.

It all works beautifully, and I think your idea of having only to pay for automatically scheduled updating could well have been a hint at some commercial antivirus software producers...Still, there is one, and if I'm right, a not so very bad one. :) I really don't want to advertise somebody but there is one: (hit me) of course you all might know it already, but I think this is the time and place:

http://www.avup.de/personal/en/avwinsfx.exe

Altough this is principally a commercial company, I appreciate that forestep into not have to pay and still get actual databases.

That is kind of weird in our days.

Thank you (both) so much.

And (repeating some other user's question):

will there be an updated version of SpywareGuard as well?

I am sure it would become another opus magnum on the scene....

Thank you and now...good night

25. No problems also with 3.0 but 3.1 also gives me the error when trying to update. I thought it might be due to running Opera 7.5. I'm running XP Pro, P-4, 2.4 ghz, 1gig Ram. Personally I preferred 3.0 better then 3.1. because it was plain and simple. 3.1 seems to be more clumsy and glitsy. Nothing personal javacool, just offering some constructive criticism.

Thanks.

IOWA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.