SpywareBlaster 3.0 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I believe you should have just received a response. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

2. I ahve had the same problem with trying to download version 3 - I can still only see version 2.6.1 despite shutting down and rebooting and trying the ctrl+f5 trick.

Help!!

Graham

3. javacool

Hi,

Please try a direct download link:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.net/downloads/spywareblastersetup.exe

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. macdon

macdon Registered Member

;) Thanks I got it all straightened out now and got the auto update activated. Have no idea why I was getting all the different Hardware ID #'s.... :)

5. steveUK

steveUK Guest

superb stuff.. :D

will you update the restricted sites aswell or just cookies/activex list?

6. Thanks, but still no cigar! Tried the direct link but the install said version 2.6.1 again. :(

Any other suggestions, cos I really like the program.

Graham

7. javacool

Everything will be receiving regular updates. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

For Graham Matthews: when I downloaded version 3.0 this morning, the link on the page said 2.6.1, but I got 3.0. Try downloading it anyway. Once the download is done, right-click the file and check its Properties.

9. AAaaaaaaaaaaaargh :'(

It still said version 2.6.1 and it still downloaded that setup file. It's late, I'm tired, gotta go to bed. Will check again in the morning.

Thanx

Graham.

10. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Thanks Javacool :cool:

11. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thanks also from me Javacool, I too would like to pay something for use of SpywareBlaster. I don't like PayPal. ;) :D

12. ldb

ldb Guest

I am having the same problem as Big Allan P. Uninstalled 2.61 and installed 3.0. I get no interface. It is running when I bring up task manager, but no interface. I installed the VB6 runtimes and that did not change anything. I am running 98SE with Viewfix and Outpost firewallwall in the background. Also in the background is AVG resident shield, the the scanner itself is not running. I also unprotected all of the items protected with version 2.61. Ihave Adaware 6.0 and Spybot S&D, but they are not running. I did do the immunize with S&D but that did not cause any problems with V2.61

13. tb171

tb171 Registered Member

Hi Graham

I had the same problem. Kept re-booting, refreshing etc. Finally I tried some of the lesser download sites:

http://www.ct7support.com/javacool/spywareblaster/download.html

This one worked first time :D

Best Regards

TonyB

14. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Just installed it without a hitch on my Win98SE system. Sweet-looking interface, Javacool, and I thank you.

There've been several of us who have expressed similar sentiments. I still think you're losing out on potentially significant amounts of $$$ (as per a previous post).

15. Schadenfroh

Schadenfroh Registered Member

great program, thanks for including firefox support with 3 and thanks again for all your hard work javacool

16. Libra

Libra Registered Member

Hi,
    I just removed version 2.6.1 and installed version 3 without any problems. When I went into the program it said I had the latest updates. I then looked around and checked (in IE miscellaneous settings) to lock the home page. Then I clicked the apply button and realized I had applied the "change the text to be displayed after the webpage name in IE Title bar". Not knowing what this is, I wanted to undo it. I went to the main page and checked to remove all protection.
    So did I undo this setting?
    Thank you.
    Sincerely, Libra

17. Telstar

Telstar Registered Member

Well, I did it!
    I just installed v3.0.
    I read through the six pages of this Forum and the information, tips and advice were invaluable.
    I did the clean uninstall of my v2.61, rebooted, deleted the Folder and installed 3.0.

I have enabled ALL PROTECTION
    so, IE Protection is enabled as well as Restricted Sites.
    And, of course, I created the System Snapshot.

I see the "Mozilla/Firefox not installed" is greyed-out and just waiting for me to install Firefox.

Just FYI: with my dial-up connection the download took approximately 10 minutes.

Thanks Javacool for a great product!

Now....I am shortly going to install Mozilla Firefox 0.8 (not an upgrade - first time user)
    I now have Windows XP Home, IE6

Any tips, suggestions, advice before I install Firefox??

Regards,
    Telstar :)

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Libra,

No, removing the protections on the main Protection tab will not revert the Misc. IE settings. It only removes all the primary SpywareBlaster protections.

To see if you are still at the default, just check what the text actually is within that box on the Tools > Misc IE settings tab. The image below is standard, if you have the normal default IE window name set like most people. And in any case, changing that text should never cause a technical problem with your system or browser.

Attached Files:

19. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Libra

The change to text to be displayed after the web page name in IE Title bar, will display what ever you type in it, So instead of it saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer" at the top of your web browser page, [At the top left corner.]

If you think you are not protected just click "Enable All Protection" to reset all the protction to enable.

TheQuest :cool:

20. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Pilli

You posted as I was doing my typing my post, as you know I am disabled so it takes a time for me to post. Sorry about that.

TheQuest

21. Grummy

Grummy Registered Member

I have a question. Since Firefox doesn't use ActiveX, what added protection is provided for FireFox users from the install of 3.0 ?

22. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

Hey guys, just wanted to say I like the new release hehe. I don't care very much for the new GUI, but eh, I can get used to that ;) I almost got lost in there my first run with it lol.

Anyways, is there anyway I can "confirm" that SpywareBlaster is working? :p I installed 3.0 successfully BEFORE registering here and...I saw it was suggested to un-check all protections in the old install, uninstall it, THEN install 3.0.....welll, I didn't do that lol. I just installed 3.0 right ontop of it :p So, how can I be sure I am being protected? I told SpywareBlaster to use ALL protections; spyware, cookies, and restricted site protections for both Mozilla and IE.

Also, being referred to spywareblaster by SpyBot S&D's "Immunize" note within the GUI, Spybot has an option to "Block all pages silently", "Display dialog when blocking", and "Ask for blocking confirmation" soo...could a notification function like this, which would alarm me when object (be it cookies, java, activex, spyware, site in the restricted zone, etc) be added to SpywareBlaster by chance? I think it would be cool cause I like seeing what effects programs have on webpages I currently visit on a daily basis as well as what content is hidden on new pages I surf into. And it would also help in diagnosing "web surfing" problems, if/when they do occur. With this rise in security, I got so much protection software (ProtoWall, Spybot S&D, AdAware, ZA Pro, etc) running it's often hard to decipher what program is setting off a flag. So I think some sort of notifcation toggle would be cool for the next release of SpywareBlaster ;)

Again, thanks for the awesome program, this program saves me a lot of work.

Attached Files:

23. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

After uninstall of 2.61 via add/remove programs........I ck'd windows explorer for potential remnants and there were two files still in the SpywareBlaster folder so I deleted them. Could be that they held onto the settings of 2.61 for the 3.0 update if they remained on your system after uninstall/install?

24. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I didn't UN-check the protection prior to uninstall of 2.61. I use GoBack and can get everything back prior to uninstall and install of 3.0. Do I need to in order to stop protection of 2.61 before intall of 3.0?

25. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

The Mozilla/Firefox Protection main option is to prevent spyware/tracking cookies.

It also has some advanced features too.

This comes from the help files. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.