SpywareBlaster 2.6 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapsonx

mapsonx Registered Member

Spyware Blaster still listed as v2.5.3, added 04/03/2003, at Wilders downloads

http://www.wilders.org/downloads.htm

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the inconvenience but it appears that that link had not yet been updated and the homepage for the app which javacool posted on the first article in the thread is inaccessible at present. I am going to IM the admins about this but in the interim you can download from

http://www.hazeleger.net/special/index.htm

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Best Regards,

Dan

Removed direct download link by request of Administrator of The Hair´s Lair.

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Jezzman,

Can you please elaborate? I could not replicate what you were referring to :)

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi JezzMan,

Could you please open a thread in the Privacy problems forum and post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackThis, Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have a question, it is the fist time I hear about SpywareBlaster.Can I use it together with Ad-Awareo_O
    Thanks

6. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Antarctica,

I use SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, AdAware 6 Pro and Spybot S&D without problems. All happily working together to keep me spywarefree.

Regards,

Pieter

7. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Pieter_Arntz,

Thanks for the fast answer. I will give a try with SpywareBlaster. :)

8. ihatespyware

ihatespyware Registered Member

Whoa, I just installed that other new version like 2 weeks ago, and here's another one. My head's still spinning. :eek:

9. I think I screwed something up.....I wanted to see what that flash kill thing was so I tried it and then I unchecked it and flashes still don't play...it's pretty annoying...

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Did you try clearing out your cache and hitting "Refresh"?

Good luck, Acadia.

11. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Go back into SpywareBlaster and make sure it's unchecked.

Then, if the change doesn't appear to activate immediately, reboot your pc.

Best regards,

-Javacool

12. attilio

attilio Guest

I'm trying to check for updates, but following message appears: "An update is available but cannot be downloaded through this updater. Visit the site to obtain it". Does it refer to this new SpywareBlaster 2.6 to download? Thanks a lot

ATTILIO - ITALY

13. Pieter_Arntz

Hi attilio,

If you are using an older version: yes.

Regards,

Pieter

14. klompen

klompen Registered Member

Dear JC:

Thanks for a great product. Is this the place to report a cookie that I would like to see Spywareblaster block?

The cookie is:

Vendor:Other
    Category:Data Miner
    Object Type:File
    Size:97 Bytes

me@cgi-bin[1].txt

Last Activity:7-3-2003 8:06:45 AM
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:RedSherrif Tracking Cookie
    Description:Unnamed or unclassified object

I do not know if Spywareblaster can block it or not, but that is a cookie I get each time I visit Lucianne.com, a news site. I do not know if I am getting it directly from that site, or from a news site that gets posted there.

Regards,

Gregg
    Simi Valley, CA

15. Don Cole

Don Cole Registered Member

I now have all 4 programs you mention above. My question relates to overkill. Ad-aware does not prevent as the other 3 do. I assume from your answer there is no conflict if all three are running but is it necessary to have all 3 going at the same time as I assume there is some resources being used? Also I do a lot of online gaming. Do those programs operate while I am doing that?

16. javacool

Nope - there shouldn't be any conflicts between the four programs (SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Ad-Aware, and Spybot S & D).

You don't need to keep SpywareBlaster running in the background - simply Select All, Protect Against All Checked Items, and exit the program - protection will still be enabled. (Just open it once or twice a week to check for updates, and protect against all new items.)

You don't need to keep Spybot S & D open either. And SpywareGuard shouldn't cause any problems with gaming.

Best regards,

-Javacool

17. heggee

heggee Registered Member

Howdy All !!!

I finally got 2.6 downloaded. :D However for some
    reason I have not been able to get the updates. I guess I answered my own question here finally, because after I downloaded it, I hit my world for my site ( which is in Flash ) and it didn't seem to bother it. I'll check it again after reboot. Man, I see about everymember here + then some have read this post looking at the numbers. Java Cool -
    Thanks alot man - I run most of your programs and to have such, " Giving To The World, " I tip my hat to you sir. " :cool:

Hammer

18. museheart

museheart Registered Member

Thanks for all of your programs, they are great. I talked to someone at PC World, forgot the name at the moment - praising your SpywareBlaster and they told me you were going to be featured in September, I think. Guess you know that ? :D

Have you ever seen this? AdAware catches it over and over, removes it but it comes back. I wasn't sure if this was your area of expertise or not:

19. Pieter_Arntz

Hi museheart,

Shall we keep that discussion limited to this thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11630 ?

TIA,

Pieter

20. museheart

museheart Registered Member

Good idea. :D

21. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hello!

Since two weeks ago, I have installed "Spyblaster 2.6" and it works fine with my OS. (XP home) Thank you for the good work! :)

Uguel

22. Anna

Anna Guest

Do I need ALL these programs?

Do I need to run all these programs that you mention, Pieter?

SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, AdAware 6 Pro and Spybot S&D

23. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:Do I need ALL these programs?

Hi Anna,

Using all 4 of those programs doesn't hurt, but, if time is an issue (regarding keeping them updated and all that), then you certainly could pick and choose.

For myself, I use SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D only out of those four. AdAware and Spybot are very similar, of course, and pretty much interchangeable, in my opinion. At different times, each has been better than the other and each has found things the other did not. That's why some people run both - as a kind of a double check. But, you could just choose one of the two and use only it.

As to SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard, they compliment each other very well and running them together provides a lot of preventative protections, which means that AdAware and/or Spybot should find a lot less on your system if you run both.

Here's a post that has a description of SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and how they are different.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11224;start=msg72783#msg72783

24. Sue

Sue Guest

Re:Error DeleteFile failed;Code 5

Everytime I try to install 2.6 I get a message that says DeleteFile failed; Code 5.

Does anyone know anything about this.

25. javacool

Re:Error DeleteFile failed;Code 5

Did you try uninstalling any previous versions first? If yes, please proceed with the following instructions:

1.) Reboot your computer.
    2.) Re-download the installer from http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1605/spywareblastersetup.exe .
    3.) Try installing again. With any luck, it should work. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.