Spyware What is Recommended These Days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by myers1984, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

(highlighting mine)

Maybe that's why it has so many posts in the forums. Some products forums do have many more reported problems than others. Especially those that have issues like the ones you list.

2. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

Well personally I feel judging by forum problems is a bad idea because they could just have more users or something.

Thanks

3. Firebytes

Judging by only that might be a bad idea but it helps supply another piece of the puzzle.

4. Someone

Well, maybe partially. But only a very very small piece, insignificant unless the product is already very bad.

5. Firebytes

If the product is known to be "already very bad" then the forum reports are of no significance at all. I would already "know" it is bad. However, if the product is used by a lot of people but I go to their forum and see many, many times the complaints against it (maybe it came out with a new version that is buggy or whatever) as I see against any other program with a comparable number of users then that is a helpful piece of the puzzle for me in whether I want to use that program.

Anyway, even though I have basically said the same thing as you...that forums alone are not a good indicator of a software's standing, you always seem to find a way to disagree with me. :'( LOL

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. Someone

Hi

But how would you know the amount of users using the program? And are you going to count every single problem and remember them on the forums?

LOL :D :cool: ...sorry, didn't realise i was disagreeing

Thanks

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

A couple of posts related to that here and there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.