Spyware Terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Halo326, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

Any one using this anymore? Is it worth it? Looking for some extra HIPS protection alongside my NIS 2009.

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I still use it. The HIPS is pretty good. The real time shield is also quite powerful and you can have to choose to block all changes if you want, unknown programs and threats any changes or if you like just what is in the threat definitions. The scanning is fast even on a full system scan and the GUI is nice and simple. :)

3. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

The detection is not very good though.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

ST does have some caveats, although at present scanning detections are not it's best suit, but the HIPS is worthy of some positive report, but to be honest, that biggest benefit i draw from ST of all things and rarely spoke of even in their forums is it's Real-Time Display of loading modules that rises up from the corner of the screen to indicate which modules/dll's are currently active. I find this data of immense interest where others likely could do without it.

As a researcher i employ several systems of different combinations of security programs, and when it's time to make the rounds with the one implimented with ST, i always look forward to it.

In retrospect though, i would at the very least team a worthy Behavioral Blocker along with it for good measure as a fallback strategy to compliment it's HIPS. And as always, SandboxIE always comes along with every single combination i use no matter what.

EASTER

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, I use it often when I'm cleaning up infected systems. It will install in safe mode (as long as you don't try to enable the RTS it's fine in safe mode) and its' scans are very fast. You may be interested to know that a beta of version 2.5 was just released. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it appears to have many improvements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.