Spyware terminator is it good ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Murtadh, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

I do like ST.:)
    I made a Greek translation , and waiting Crawler for implementation.
    It works fine along with Avast free, ArovaxShield 2.062, CounterSpy, SpyBot,
    AVG free, SpywareBlaster.
    My PC is P4 3GHz, Win XP home.
    :thumb:

2. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

One thing I've noticed about ST as compared to some of the other apps is that it is really prone to false positives. I doubt that the other scanners "missed" the files that ST found. Rather, I would say that there is a greater chance ST is misdiagnosing them. I know ST has flagged many of my legitimate files as some kind of malware. Most of the malware scanners do that from time to time, but ST a little more often than most. The way I figure it, if NOD32, Ewido, a2, SAS Spybot S&D & Ad-Aware don't flag my files as bad (but ST does), I go for the majority opinion on that one. Anyway, just be careful with ST's findings, as you may end up deleting a critical file. I will say, however, that ST's resident protection is excellent, and takes up a heck of a lot less resources than CounterSpy (which I was using as a resident scanner before).

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I find ST a great program. The only change I've made is to remove Clam AV and go back to my regular antivirus. Despite what I said in my other post, the Internet can be a dangerous place even for a very safe surfer, and I'd rather be safer than sorry.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.