Spyware terminator is it good ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Murtadh, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Re: Has anyone heard of Spyware Terminatoro_O

The only thing I can found on Spyware Warrior:

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

So, cheater87, after a period of probation, Spyware Warrior gave Spyware Terminator from crawler.com a clean bill of health, i.e., they say it's OK to download and try.

Personally, I believe I'm OK with SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol, SpySweeper, and either Zone Alaram Security Suite or Micro-Trend PC-Cillin Internet Security. That's the only reason I myself wouldn't bother trying it.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,all:I have been trying this app for the last 4 weeks. It is a freeware, updating every 4-5 days. I use it for on demand scanner only, although it does come with real-time monitor and other. It has its own merits, 85% trustworthy. Do check the list of findings after each scan, delete the ones you are certain. And do not trust it 100%--this caution applys to all anti-spyware apps, not just this above-noted. I would give it a go and you will not lose your shirts --for sure.:)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I'll give it a go

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Spyware Terminator looks clean here.
    The Realtime Shield is very nice feature-wise.
    The version I have is a beta.You will want to quarantine or remove detected items with care! I had to use the restore point that Spyware Terminator set to get my internet connection back.
    This program makes submitting false positives and contacting support easy.
    Interesting program...I'm going to keep it for a while and see how it goes.

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The problem is that there are not many freeware AS with realtime protection.
    In fact there is only one "real" AS and it is Windows Defender, which is weak.
    So SpywareTerminator looks as a good alternative, if it is working as it should.

I mean something like instal and forget AS for common users, because even when eg WinPatrol is a great preventing spyware to instal, it needs user interaction and some skills about malware.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  7. erasmun

erasmun Registered Member

Spyware Terminator is it good " ENOUGH " ?!?

Hi everybody!

I've made a deep research on this question in the last days and to be honest I can't say that's a problem with this s/w....
    ....but here's one more thing to understand ( myself or helped by all of you ).

When I run SpywareTerminator with real-time protection ON and my antivirus s/w (bd 9profplus) has to make it's liveupdating and installing the updatings I get a very nice BSoD!!! And that's happen every time.NO doubt!

If you are good to understand the technical details about this fact I can post the files and message I have after re-boot (BCCode,manifest.txt,minidump.dmp,etc).

ps: I'm not very good with my pc,w xp,IT a.s.o but IF somebody can spend sometime I'll be gratefull and very pleased to him/her.
    THANKS!

8. Rekku

Rekku Registered Member

Hi everyone!

I haven't find anything BAD to say about this program. It's running very nicely, even with the real time protection on. I will keep on using it. :D

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This program seems very nice and could have a nice future, but we need some tests to see how efficient it is...

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I tried it in real time against installation of some spywares and it seems good. It detected most of them grossly. Atleast in real time seems better than Windows Defender. Also prompts immediately on new windows start up enteries and change of home page.
    I will give it a try as real time scanner.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Can u trust SpywareTerminator

I recently tried real time protection of SpywareTerminator and found it quite good. I tried to install,

WinFixer
    SpyAxe
    UnSpyPc
    CEDP stealer fro MSN messenger
    Marinefree (screensaver installer)
    ( plus some more- don,t remember now).

And it stopped all of them right from the root except one( even better than spyware doctor). Also seems light with not much slow down of system and loads rapidly( while spyware doctor takes ages to load). Has a nice GUI as well.

The question is that can u trust them? I might use my internet for my bank and I don,t even know how trust-worthy this company can be.

12. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Well, I would have to say that they are very trustworthy.

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Crawler used to eb in adware business or not?

14. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I don't know. Search Google and you'll find out for yourself.

15. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Read the rest of this thread and you'll see this has already been addressed.

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have read already that,s why I still doubt.

17. RadicalEdward

RadicalEdward Registered Member

Well from the looks of your sig, I see you use Comodo, which I am sure you know used to also contain malware (though it was unintentional), but now they have turned around and provide a very robust firewall (which still needs work because I have slowdown when I surf and the firwall is up). I don't know why it used to have malware, but from what I've been reading and from what people have said, they seemed to have turned over a new leaf. I think I will give this a try, however the only question I have for people is how well would this "real time" protection would work with my Mcafee realtime, Prevx1R, Comodo, and for the heck of it the "automatic" protection from Spybot and Spyware Blaster.

18. the Tester

I've been using Spyware Terminator for more than a month and I haven't had any troubles with it.
    The updates frequency is more than weekly also.

About developers turning over a new leaf;if memory serves me well, Zero Spyware was de-listed before the program became known.Sometimes these de-listed programs are better than expected.

19. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

RadicalEdward

Just for the record. None of the Comodo products ever contained any malware at all!

If you look at our forums, you will see the apology letter the anti spyware company has written to us for their mistake!

So again, just for the record: None of Comodo products ever contained any malware or whatsoever!

thank you

Melih

20. RadicalEdward

RadicalEdward Registered Member

Yes, I suppose I was incorrect to say that because I do recall that the toolbar was never malware, just missused by other companies and blemished the name, my bad!

Back to my original question, can someone please tell me how good this real time protection is, and how it fits in with other av/firewall/hips protection....?

21. the Tester

In answer to your questions...
    Spyware Terminator co-exists with these programs on my box with no conflicts so far:
    Comodo Personal Firewall,BoClean,Vba32 antivirus.No conflict with Spyware Blaster either.

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, see my post 36. I used it for a very short period though.

23. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

It is spyware free, and a very good utility comparing to others, but I prefer Ewido:cool:

24. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

Arovax Antispyware now is in v. 2.0.65 having live update (not automatic yet) plus you can localize it by yourself.Its database will be the biggest ever , very soon I hope and you will be able to send any suspicious file for analysis using the Analyser software.
    I think its very promising software now that spydefense has been left.:'(
    :)

25. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think it has no real time protection.

What do u mean by this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.