spyware scanning in spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dips_5, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dips_5

dips_5 Registered Member

i think hving a real time spyware scanner is a great protection tool dat one definitely needs to hv . i installed spyware guard only recently. i use firefox 1.0.
    does spywareguard work with firefox 1.0 ? also is there an option to scan for any exe file manually ? if there is where is it located ? o_O
    thx

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders. Yes, SpywareGuard does work with Firefox 1.0 and No, u cannot use SpywareGuard to manually scan your computer.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3045.html
    Main Features
    - Fast scanning engine
    - Scans exe and cab files - the two most popular file types for distributing spyware
    - Signature-based scanning - for known spyware
    - Heuristic/generic detection capabilities - some spyware programs can be detected even if the code undergoes significant changes
    - Small size - with a small size and small definition sizes, download and updates are quick
    - SG Control Panel - provides easy access to help and integration options
    - SG LiveUpdate - provides an easy updating solution
    - Spyware files are blocked before being opened or run - they are not simply shut down after they are loaded in memory (and after they have performed their tasks)
    - The full path to the spyware executable is provided on the alert screen
    - Once a spyware file is detected and blocked from running, the options are provided to either continue or to delete the spyware file

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    U might wish to consider downloading Ad-Aware to scan ur computer for spyware.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

3. dips_5

dips_5 Registered Member

thx for the reply.
    but i think they shud hv an option for manual scanning. anyways gr8 progie.

4. j2callie

j2callie Registered Member

Spyware Guard is *one* type of anti-spyware, that watches in the background, silently, and requires no user intervention. You'll need more than one program for your anti-spyware, most people are using at least 2 and maybe 3, I think I currently have about 4.

You can't have more than one antivirus program because the way they work, they'd get in each others' way, but it's pretty much normal to have more than one anti-spyware program.

The most recommended are Lavasoft's Ad-aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy, and Spyware Blaster. Those all have free versions. You can also get Pest Patrol, which is only about $20 USD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.