Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DellaW1, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DellaW1

DellaW1 Registered Member

I am fairly new to computers and forums. I installed Spyware Guard, I wanted to install another program , which Spyware Guard would not allow it. I then wanted to unistall Spyware Guard, it keeps coming up the exit or close, the program, I have tryed eveything, it will not totally close so I can unistall it. Can anyone help?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi DellaW1. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Since your post is specifically about Spywareguard, i will move this thread to the SpywareBlaster and other forum for better attention.

If i understand your question right, have u tried opening the Spywareguard interface, going to File, clicking on Exit to close Spywareguard then uninstalling it?

snowbound

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to un-install SpywareGuard....you need to properly stop it's Real Time scanning engine(Explorer ShellHook....81559C35-8464-49F7-BB0E-07A383BEF910) and it's Download\Browser Highjack protection(sgmain.exe\sgbhp.exe).

With SpywareGuard's GUI open....select Options....then un-check the 3 boxes....select Save Settings. Then select File\Exit.

Attached Files:

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thanks for that Bubba!:D

I,ve never had any reason to uninstall Spywareguard so i didn't realize all the protection should be unchecked first before exiting to uninstall.:p

Good luck DellaW1.:)

snowbound

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yeah me neither....but if that's a layer of protection some wish not to use....oh well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.