spyware guard working?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jdemnyan1116, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Registered Member

I was reading the questions about spyware guard and it said to see if spyware guard was working was to change your homepage. I went to tool, internet options, general and changed my homepage. It changed the name on the site you type into but when I checked it, my original homepage came up but I did not get a warning from spywareguard. Is there a way to shut off the system if needed? My shortcut icon on the desktop does absolutely nothing. Click it on and thats what you get. The icon in the taskbar brings up the program. Everything is checked in the program. No errors on download. Just downloaded it today. Can you shut it off by clicking on the icon in the taskbar? Most of the icons I have have a disable/enable popup. Spywareguard does not, you get the program when you click on the icon in the taskbar, single click or double click, right click or left click. How do I know it is working or even turned on if I did not get the security warning when I changed my home page?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If i read your post right, it seems your homepage wasn't changed. When u changed it in IE Options did u hit Apply then OK when exiting? If not your homepage will remain the same.

To disable Spywareguard, open the interface, in the upper left hand corner click on File > Exit.

To reenable, click on the desktop icon.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. jdemnyan1116

thanks for the quick reply snowbound. Forgot to click apply when changing homepage. Spywareguard did notify me of the change when I clicked apply. AS for the other, just wanted to know how to shut if off incase there is a conflict down the road. nothing so far. I get a little shaky installing new programs, not that computer savvy. I got rid of the desktop icon cause it didn't seem to be doing anything. To enable it if I do disable it, can I just click on the taskbar icon or can i make a new desktop icon?

4. snowbound

The taskbar icon will disappear if u disable Spywareguard.

As far as i know, u will need that desktop icon to reenable Spywareguard if u ever decide to disable it. ;)

snowbound

5. jdemnyan1116

Yes it helped. Thanks for the reply. Guess I have to uninstall and install SpywareGuard if i want it to work the right way if I decide to shut it off.

6. snowbound

That's what i would do. ;) :D

snowbound

7. Libra

Libra Registered Member

JD,
    I just tested it. If you use file>exit and want to turn it back on, just go to your start menu > programs and click on SpywareGuard, it will come back. You can also disable the protection (without turning it off) by opening the program from the systray icon and clicking on "options". From there you can enable/disable the three protections.

Sincerely, Libra

8. jdemnyan1116

thanks for the quick replys. Problem solved. Answers to my questions are solved. Thanks again.

9. snowbound

Your welcome. :)

Glad we could help.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.