Spyware guard settings

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Total_Gaper, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Total_Gaper

Total_Gaper Guest

Hi. After trying a bunch of different software, I finally installed spyware guard, and it has successfully blocked a particularly obnoxious program called "Globe-finder". However, every time I start up my computer, spyware guard tells me about the attempted hijack, and I have to go through five or six different windows, to confirm on each window that I want to keep my original settings. Is there a way to specify that I want to keep one homepage, and have spyware guard automatically ignore any changes attempted on my browser?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Total_Gaper,

Please download, unzip and run: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip
    If that does not cure it, please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet.

Regards,

Piete

3. Total Gaper

Total Gaper Guest

Woops! Um, I guess some one else got on to my computer... Thanks a lot. It looks like that did the trick, but I have only rebooted a couple times. Who makes CWShred? And why do they just hand it out to people over the internet? Anyway, thanks a lot for the help.

P.S. Metallica rules.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.