Spyware/Guard/Games

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Missyann, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missyann

Missyann Registered Member

I have recently cleaned out malware and I decided to try BitDefender. I deleted it from the computer but had to use the manual tool to get rid of the rest of the files after doing a search to see if there were any left.

By a professional suggestion, I loaded in SpywareBlast and SpwareGuard. Before I did this but after deleting BitDefender, on some internet games I would get a window that was missing the game, only a white box with red x in it.
    I realized that this second hand computer didn't have Java so I downloaded it to see if that's what I needed for games.
    Before it resumed installing a window came up that said:

Error 1704. An installation for BitDefender Total Security 2008 is suspended, You must undo the changes by that installation in order to continue

When I tried a game again one loaded but it took forever to make one little move. The next game I tried at another site didn't load in and then there was an error in Internet Explorer then the browser closed.

I am unsure if the Spyware programs I just loaded are stopping the games, or the file with the BitDefender reported. I don't know what is wrong now.

My system is Windows XP Professional 2000 SP2.

Could you please help me with this?
    Thank you, Missy

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Missy,

Do you mind posting a link to one of these games. That way We can possibly determine if it's one of the Restricted Site, Cookie or ActiveX protection entries of Spywareblaster that's causing this issue.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.