Spyware Guard and defrag

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MikeBCda, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

This one's been sort of on-again off-again ... Javacool's mentioned it at least a couple of times, usually as almost a side issue, but I don't think it ever became "official" instructions.

Is it still recommended that you turn off the three options in SG, save settings, and exit SG (i.e., shut it off) before doing a defrag? I know SG itself hasn't changed in something like a year and a half, but there's been quite a few updates to Win since then. (I'm on XP home SP2 plus all subsequent updates.)

Thanks and best,
    Mike

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Mike,

My comment is general in nature....and will let Javacool address the Spywareguard part.

It is my personal practice to disable as much as possible when performing a defrag....in particular screen savers, programs that have registry monitoring features and my AV....but that's simply a personal choice.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, Bubba, makes sense. On at least one occasion JC had referred almost offhand to a history of some conflicts specifically between SG and defrag, and I wondered if his advice about disabling and shutting down the former was still current.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.