Spyware Blaster vs. Spy Guard and MSN Explorer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Model-Behavior, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model-Behavior

Model-Behavior Registered Member

Hey All!

I have only been using Spyware Blaster for one week and I love it! :cool:

I noticed that Spyware Blaster attaches itself to the Temporary Internet Files Folder on my computer (at least I think that it does - LOL). My Temporary Internet Files Folder and Cookie Folder are the same for both MSIE 6.0 and MSN Internet Explorer (when I am on MSN).

My first question is: Will Spyware Blaster protect both browsers since they share the common cache and cookie folders?

Second question: I was thinking about trying the beta copy of Spy Guard 2.2. Does anyone know how Spyguard 2.2 would handle a browser combination of MSIE and MSN Explorer?

Thank you for any opinions, experience or knowledge that you can share!
    :cool:

Ellen

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

MSN Explorer is basically a fancy "skin" for Internet Explorer - it does add some functionality, but every webpage is rendered by an embedded version of the Internet Explorer engine.

So any of SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard's protection that applies to Internet Explorer should still apply to MSN Explorer. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Model-Behavior

Model-Behavior Registered Member

Thank you so much Javacool !!!

I was hoping that you would say that. My thinking was basically along the same line, although I'm not a pro-enough to make that determination on my own.

It's worth a test then! :)

I have already downloaded, SpyGuard 2.2 , but have not installed it as yet. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.