Spyware Blaster Updates!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by KrazyLoCo, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrazyLoCo

KrazyLoCo Guest

Hey,

I think Spyware Blaster is the best spy/adware protection around. I am sad that there is no frequent updates. It's obviously not due to lack of threats. I guess the author doesn't have time?

Anyways, great program, I even wrote up a review about it on my computer help website and I recommend it to everyone I talk to. But it would be so much better if there were daily (or even weekly) updates.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders,

I can't help but wonder if maybe you're confusing SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard, both from Javasoft. Blaster's definitions are in fact updated about once a week, give or take a couple of days, while Guard's updates are more commonly a few weeks apart, in the 1- to 2-month range, and often include program updates in the process. That's because Guard's protection, if I understand correctly, is geared more towards heuristics rather than specific spyware signatures.

Keep in mind that while spyware is no picnic, new varieties aren't popping up nearly as fast as new viruses (and new variations of them), so we'll hopefully never see a day when products like Blaster need updated daily or even more often, the way that a-v products do.

Best,
    Mike

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

An update was just released today (March 9, 2004).

I try to aim for around weekly updates, at a minimum. Once the next version of SpywareBlaster is released, you may see the pace pick up even more. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. KrazyLoCo

KrazyLoCo Guest

Ah yes! An update was released today. :)

Thank you for the welcome, MikeBCda. And thank you for taking the time to respond, Javacool.

Great job on your program. Maybe there is an update every week or so, but I check so often that it seems much longer. :p

I anticipate the release of a new version! I guess there's going to be more options and features? I like the sounds of more frequent updates. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.