Spyware Blaster update "corruption"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xhepera, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhepera

xhepera Registered Member

I attempted several times to get Spyware Blaster to update. It would appear to do so (very slowly). When it was completed I had messages stating that there were database errors and that the database might be corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but had the same thing happen each time. Fortunately, I found a post here that told me how to do it manually, and all is fine now. I'm interested in figuring out what the problem might have been though. Will I have to update manually from now on? I've never had a problem before and I've been using it for a while now. My OS is Win2K Professional, SP3. Thanks for any insight!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What recent changes have you made to your system? What new programs/hardware have you installed?

Also, what firewall do you have?

And have you installed any updates recently for any of your programs that you think might have the potential to cause this issue?

(SpywareBlaster 3.3 will use a different updating method that should help reduce issues, and will provide more detailed error messages in the event of a problem, but I haven't heard of something like this happening with the current version. Thanks for the help! :))

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. xhepera

xhepera Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Javacool. My firewall is Kerio PFW 2.1.5. The only thing that has changed system-wise is that last week I installed Kiwi Syslog Daemon and the My Net Watchman client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.