spyware blaster & macorivision flash

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bill038, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill038

bill038 Registered Member

I have spywareblaster installed and went to the tools window and disabled macrovision flash. A web site that I go to uses this for their videos. I disabled the flash blocker and it would not come back. I tried to reinstall macrovision and now I cannot install it either. Does anyone have any idea what happenedo_O Thank you in advance. billo

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Probably a stupid question, but did you try rebooting after you re-enabled Flash? No guarantees, of course, but it's amazing how many problems that'll clear up.

3. bill038

bill038 Registered Member

Yes and I even uninstaled spywareblaster and reinstalled without any protection and I still cannot download it. I have scratched my head about this so long l no longer have any hair. billo

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Billo, welcome to the forums. :)

Can you try this. Totally empty all of your TIFS/Temp files, sometimes something corrupted pre-cached will stop a new download and a simple empty will enable you to redownload again.

Here is a very good cleaner: CrapCleaner

Just check off the things you are comfortable with [including Temp Internet and Temp folders]. Then click Run Cleaner bottom right window.

Here is another link on CrapCleaner [it's also a registry cleaner, but I had done some pics of it in here:

LINK WITH PICS ETC ABOUT CC

I take it you are running XP.

Have you looked in the C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files folder, see if it's in there and does not have 'corrupted' or other info on it, other than "Installed"?

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Downloaded Program Files folder, showing what's installed. Sometimes, one may become corrupt. You *could* try a delete of this if so. Just make sure a Restore Point is made before hand.

TAS

edit: Or does it show up in Add/Remove Panel.. not sure, don't have it installed. Better to remove via that. :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.