Spyware Blaster initiates Outlook uninstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fryups, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryups

fryups Registered Member

Having recently downloaded (via an update) V3.5.1, I now have a problem that whenever I double click the shortcut to Spywareblaster I get the Outlook Uninstall window and have to repeatedly click 'cancel' before the Spywareblaster menu will open.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is it an Uninstall window....or is it wanting you to install something for Outlook ?

If it concerns install....would you Please try continuing with what ever it wants to install. After the Outlook thing has finished you will possibly need to re-boot and then attempt Spywareblaster again.

3. fryups

fryups Registered Member

Thanks, it is an "uninstall" window, as if I had manually started a program uninstall. Each time it has happened I have clicked cancel rathe rthan let it continue.

4. fryups

fryups Registered Member

Correction to my previous post, you are quite correct, I've just tried it again and it is in fact an install. I will follow the install prompts later on tonight and see what happens.

Apologies for the confusion - memormy playing tricks when using PC at work!!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hopefully by finishing all of the install procedure that it is wanting you to do....it will let you execute Spywareblaster properly. If not we'll keep at it until it finally works.

Keep us informed Please,
    Bubba

6. lindaambar

lindaambar Registered Member

Hi there! I also started getting this problem a few days ago, after reinstalling NAV. I found a solution in this forum :

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=73644&highlight=msiexec.exe
    (I typed in msiexec.exe for the search). GOOD LUCK!

7. fryups

fryups Registered Member

Hi folks

I did as suggested and let the install window run to the end, after which all it did was close on its own - it did not ask for discs or any other action by me! SB now loads and works fine.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.