Spyware Blaster help for newbie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by halsangels, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halsangels

halsangels Registered Member

Hello, i am a newbie..my 1st Pc..charter sold me a wireless I didn't need since I have only one pc and a palm centro. I guess the tech installed it wrong because the guys at ms. security baseline analyzer said it was showing my ip address and the other ip address. I had a lan and a lan3? anyway my programs got all messed up and i was told by again the charter tech(cable) that he didn't have time to fix it but could on the side for 75 bucks!IE wouldn't stay up it would close 2sec. after I would try to start it. i am a single mom of 3 who sick right now,just went through a 4yr divorce&custody battle with Judge Judy and I am trying to get on my own 2 feet and stat 2 business.One of which is already established online and making tons.the owner says I can copy his website and link it to me so i can make millions,as he says..but I don't know how..also I had to uninstall spyware blaster along with alot of other things..I mesed with a lot of settings but i uninstalled IE then added outlook as a program on Internet properties and I can't believe it but it worked.Only problem is a all the other programs.i plan on reinstalling spy.Blaster but when i go to the remove programs are and click remove on spb,which had been uninstalled before I got IE back up, and it says can't remove it doesn't exsist..It's in there and that's fine unless it will cause problems.if anyone can help. (I probably hit all the wrong buttons.)That would be great! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

What's the version of SpywareBlaster you uninstalled? Is it v3.5.1? If yes, try this,

Download v3.5.1 here and install it again. Go to C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster or the installation folder of your SpywareBlaster. Find "unins000.dat" and click it.

You can download SpywareBlaster v4 here.

thanatos

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'll leave the Spyware Blaster related questions/points to others.

and welcome to Wilders.
    Not sure exactly what you have here. If it's the standard Charter home networking hardware package, it's likely overkill for the present, but may be useful for the future.
    Not sure what you mean here.
    Well, if it was a full home networking install, the whole point is that they get it all up and running. Now ISP's typically won't get involved in PC software configuration issues, unless their installer messed it up on the network setup (which shouldn't happen), in addition, an installer shouldn't be soliciting paid extra work in a grey area (i.e. arguably they could have created an issue to generate off hours work). Personally, I'd be having a bit of a discussion with Charter over this.
    To tell you the truth, "make millions" is always a massive red flag. Be very careful.

Blue

4. Panthers007

Panthers007 Registered Member

I would agree with the above^^^. You should indeed be talking to Charter about this "$75." We had a bicycle store here(big college town). People would bring their bikes - and go home with something new broken. As a bicycle mechanic I diagnosed the problems encountered. They were all created by the bike shop. Need a new tire? Go home with your brakes disconnected. Bad!

So do call Charter. Regards the "make millions," same as above^^^. If they want you to spend one thin dime - run! These outfits tend to be criminals. I'd study up on internet security and fraud if I were in your shoes. Hope you get SpywareBlaster running well. Sounds like you might need it.

Best wishes from Vermont.

5. halsangels

Hello ,Sorry It took so long to get back..Again pC problems. As far as the 1st answer to my post by theos about the version of Spyware blaster? It Is the v4 version. I wasn't sure what to do since it was,so I am waiting for your input...And for Blue believe it or not I have dealt with charter for over 2yrs now..my dad who lives next door(we own a duplex)has to have cable cause satellite goes out in storms.I have Dish and have for 7yrs. Charter came to install my parents cable and put it in the wrong room& had to come back..I was just leaving the bank where I was 750$ in the red, after a bunch of drama, when my sis informed me while I was driving that my Lil yorkie, Troubles was laying on the side of our road DEAD. I flipped as this dog was with me through all the cheating, etc. And he was my 4yr old daughters best friend. The tech had left our gate(that hadn't been opened in years) wide open.I live on a busy street and around 2yrs of age every baby in our family has almost died on that road.so It was very secure. Long story short they didn't send out anyone one like they said in 24hrs,then72,then a week and a month..The calls are answered in the Philippines from what the guy at the Michigan office said. He advised me to call Corporate it was so bad and he works for them High up.so basically it was left at get a lawyer to settle out of court..I have the PC on my side since about 3 weeks ago. I have a Compaq Presario I think its pretty old. But I just had it completely cleaned out at XP reinstalled. It's a home PC..I am just trying to do anything to support my family. It was a Net-gear wireless router? I asked the lady at Charter why my kids UB FUNKEYS game wasn't working/how to get it to work. She threw in I can get you out a wireless for no cost., for your kids games so you won't have all those cords to worry about...Here I am thinking great it's free and no cords! I was surprised to still have to get down under the desk trying to incorporate these wires with my decor. That's how completely clueless I am. So it worked but not as fast as I thought it was supposed to..of course I was exploring and downloading Mozilla,Add ons,etc..Someone got a hold of my Child Support Card number and was buying things online so I already had a fraud alert up. I was very worried about security.. I googled what's the safest and best Antivirus programs and came up with a blog that had the stars by it where a guy put in his picks for the best freeware for everything. He recommended Widows defender , Avg , Ad Aware, Spy ware Blaster, Spy bot search and destroy ,and Spy guard. I downloaded all of them, uninstalled Mcafee which was in when I got it back from being Cleaned.I also downloaded Shareaza , Azureus ,etc..all he said even though i don't even know what they are..Trying to learn. Everything was fine but after the Net Gear was Installed On my Network connections it had a LAN(something Ethernet) and a Lan3(net gear). I downloaded the security baseline program not really knowing what it was(the explanation for programs is worded for people who know what they are talking about. Not me ,Lo) So a guy emailed me then called me saying it was showing 2 IPA address. Neither the one it(net gear) is supposed to show. So i had it removed and you know about the Charter guy. I explored the PC trying to figure out how to fix it without having to clean it out again. I am sure I made changes I shouldn't of..Somehow it was in diagnostic mode and I very hesitantly uninstalled IE8( which BTW I downloaded , clueless) 2 days prior on file-hippo updates , speed my PC and some games popped on my desktop so I uninstalled those. I thought OK everything on here is probably corrupt but I hadn't used outlook express ever as a option so i checked it on I Properties, Restarted the computer,&thank god there was a link to Microsoft. I reinstalled IE7 & have been having to update since..Mozilla works but my skin says its on but isn't and when i try to download it says file can't be found. Spy bot search&destroy on my start menu is now a white square instead of a icon with (Default)next to it? The guy at Ms Told me to uninstall spywareguard & Spy ware blaster (cause of the IE tweaks),and Avg..then run Spy-bot search and Destroy and he would get back to me the next day..he may of called but no ones told me he has. So left alone again I remembered I had liked Windows one care (unsure so far if I can trust it,My memory) So I installed that and it says things are good except for the deal with Mozilla,the icon missing with Search7destroy, and the spy ware blaster issue. I was a Lil proud of myself cause they said it was toast! Now I just need real experts.. And as far as the business goes, Jerry the owner of 4spectrum health(our Vita E was in a NY times Bestseller as the best in the world(Trudeau's) and he already makes tons and its him online selling..we are good friends. I know him personally..he drops off tons of vitamins on consignment and lets me do what i want..he is in Russia all the time with his girlfriend, who is ill. And his secretary never knows what to do..or he'd be helping me..my space was the first time I've been social in 5yrs and I haven't gone out the door..I have no friends ,no men around to fix things like I am used to so I am trying myself. BTW, myspace.com/hals3angels if you wanna say hi..And to Panthers thanks i wouldn't be surprised if this isn't payback for all the hell i gave them over my dog..it could of been a kid! I did tell the lady who called and asked how my service from charter had been that day ,after trying to explain what had happened she puts me on hold, comes back and says she just talked to the tech & he says he hooked up a laptop to show me it wasn't there side..i had a connection, etc.. he DID NOT have a lap top even with him! And I was in fear for my life when i realized she had him right there when I said he's lying! he also offered to come back later with "all the Programs I could want" at a later time and do the work for 75$ and while on the cell with them, getting out of the car when my tiny puppy Yorkie goes blasting out the gate behind me after someone walking across the street she wanted to bark at..My baby girl wouldn't get out unless I carried her& was crying so I made 1 trip to drop off purse, bags, etc. And headed back to get her(daughter) when she (Prada,my puppy) turned into Cujo...I dropped everything and Screamed in absolute despair over not only the possible death of another pet(Prada would of been 3) But myself & my baby girl sing it happen. Thank God the cars stopped7prada freaked when she saw them coming thought out loud I can't believe i am on the phone with the people who killed my 1st dog when my puppy almost dies.while the rep from Charter was still on the phone. If you haven't already guessed that's the other business I am trying to advertise..I sell Yorkie and long-haired Chi's and Maltese pups. Anyway sorry to write so much..Hope you can help me..Thanks Hally

6. thanatos_theos

Hello halsangels,

Mozilla:
    Try downloading and installing a skin from here. Go to Tools>Add-ons>Themes. Choose the skin and restart Firefox.

Spybot:
    Try flushing your icon cache. Do this. Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data". Find and delete "IconCache.db". Restart your PC. Windows will automatically recreate it.

Is this the same with Spybot's icon in the systray (near clock)?

SpywareBlaster:
    The entry in Add or Remove has been left out after the uninstall process. You can remove that entry manually but since you're going to reinstall SpywareBlaster (v4) don't bother.

Shareaza, Azureus:
    Please read this.

Please scan with the following,
    Dr Web Cure-it
    SuperAntiSpyware Free

thanatos

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  7. halsangels

Hello thantoes, I forgot to mention that Firefox won't restart even on upgrades or downloads,as well as add on..i was able to go online to Mozilla and download the latest version bout if i uninstall it then reinstall it it takes me back to my previous sessions without my add on or themes but they're all located in the download/add on section..I just can't get them to work..i even installed the Firefox 3 beta and although it works 100x better for live than IE (I was beginning to hate Spaces) It says it is unable to download due to malformed something..In the Error console it just says i need to restart but i click restart Firefox closes then reopens..nothing..I even restarted the PC..I don't know what's going on? .Also I did what you said about Spy ware search and destroy..it was gone! somehow it's been deleted..only the default icon(which was white icon ow) was left..I didn't uninstall it..I had the tea timer/icon on tray off so it wouldn't be counterproductive to have One Care and It working at the same time..I was desperately looking for it cause I ran CCleaner & it was able to uninstall the Spy ware Blaster that i originally wrote about.there where a lot of programs on there that I had uninstalled on the PC..there is also a whole lot of stuff from Microsoft,hot fix,stuff I didn't in my Add/remove Programs..I was looking for S&D because I had a Virus using ctfmon.exe as its name.it said unless it's in the program menu/start up it's a Ad ware/virus? So i deleted it on the program like it said..Now it's back and One care wont let me delete it but CCleaner will. but it looks like it's where S&D said it is valid. in start up/ctfmon.exe? Anyway I am ta a loss I will try the programs you recommended..thanks very much for your help...Halsangels

8. thanatos_theos

Hello halsangels,

Mozilla:
    Try following the steps here. Was Firefox v3 BETA 5 the one who gave the error? I suggest you post at the Firefox Forum.

Spybot:
    You can download the latest version from here. Probably OneCare uninstalled it (because of incompatibility) :doubt:.

Microsoft hotfixes, updates:
    They are hidden by default in Add or Remove. To show them, you need to check an option located on the top right portion of the Add or Remove window (not present in Windows XP, XP SP 1 :doubt:).

Ctfmon.exe:
    What's the file's file path? If it's located in "C:\Windows\System32", it's legitimate. You can find more info on the legitimate ctfmon.exe here.

thanatos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.