Spyware Blaster error in <unknown>/Cannot perform free scan

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by OneLady, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneLady

OneLady Registered Member

I have had Spyware blaster installed and this past week it decided not to work. I uninstalled by going to Add/Remove programs. I have downloaded Spyware Blaster for the 3rd time and it will not load. :(

Windows ME, AOL Virus protection and Firewall.

I get the message "Spyware Blaster has caused an error in <unknown>. Spyware Blaster will now close". If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer. Restarting computer does not help.

My second problem is that I cannot perform the free scan of my computer. I get the error message "The connection was refused when attempting to contact bulletproofsoft. :'(

Please, please help!!!! Ladyydal [ at ] aol.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2006
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

OneLady

Bulletproof software is listed as a Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Product here.

Where did you download SpywareBlaster?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  3. OneLady

From the Spyware Blaster website. That is where I also tried to perform the free scan and was not able to. I don't understand because I have been using Spyware Blaster without any problems until the past week. Really confusing.o_O

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would go here, Ewido, and do a free scan of my computer.

SpywareBlaster's download location is here.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

There is no scan associated with SpywareBlaster. Javacool is the maker. Not the rogue site OP went to.

6. OneLady

:'( Ron, this is just not working. I downloaded Spyware Blaster from: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html again and it will not open. So again I uninstalled it from Add\Remove programs.

I went to Ewido on Firefox and it would not work.
    Sorry, your browser does not support ActiveX or it is not enabled.
    I opened IE and attempted to do a scan and got this error message:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Esplore.Exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info.

I do not understand how it says ActiveX is not enabled when it is used for other programs that I have.o_O

I connect to the internet via cable modem and am using a desktop HP Pavilion, Windows ME.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Forget Ewido at this time. It is for Win2000 and XP. Did you try to upgrade SpywareBlaster this week by any chance? Any other changes made lately to your system?

By the way, don't go to the Bulletproof site.

8. OneLady

Hi Ron, No I did not try and upgrade, I tried to use Spyware Blaster as part of my normal maintenance and when it wouldn't load after several tries on different days I decided to uninstall it and redownload it. But, of course as per my luck, that didn't work. I also had Registry Mechanic which would not load either. I uninstalled that program also. I am waiting for a response from that trouble shooting site. CompuPic would not load for me either, am waiting on a response from their techs. These programs just started not loading this past week. Everything else works fine. I did download IrfanView to use in the interim of getting CompuPic working again. Murphy's Law.:(

In response to zapjb I originally went to http://spywareblaster.com/ which does have a scan pc on it. That is where I got the message "The connection was refused when attempting to contact bulletproofsoft. I did not go the bulletproof site. I try not to go to sites I am not that sure of.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Have you tried System Restore? Go back to a point before you made any changes to your programs.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just to make sure and without assuming wrongly....you do realize that site is not associated with the real Spywareblaster ?

11. OneLady

Yes, Bubba, I do now................

12. OneLady

Thanks Ron, Will do the system restore tomorrow. Mind is just too boggled to try and do anymore today. Thank you so very much for your patience and your help. I will let you know what transpires after I do the system restore.

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

OneLady,

You're welcome and we will most likely be here. :D

14. OneLady

OK Ron, Restore System doesn't restore. I went back to Dec. 26, nothing happened I had to use ctrl alt del to close it out. I rebooted and got the message restore unsuccesful. I attempted to restore from Jan 1, and nothing. Again ctrl alt del to get out of program. Windows Milennium Edtion Setup came up, updating system settings. That ran forever, so again ctrl alt del and reboot. My pc is 5 years old, I just want to hang onto it for another year before getting a new one. Don't want to have to get one now and then upgrade to Vista. I guess I will have to bear with it. Thanks for all of your help and if by chance you come across something that you think would help please let me know. Ladyydal [ at ] aol.com Thanks again for your help. :doubt:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2006
  15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Can you explain what is meant by "decided not to work". SpywareBlaster is not a scanning program.

16. OneLady

I get the message "Spyware Blaster has caused an error in <unknown>. Spyware Blaster will now close". If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer. Restarting computer does not help.

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you set up SpywareBlaster according to these instructions?

18. OneLady

I had been using Spyware Blaster for over a year. No problems. When I went to use it, it would not open. I uninstalled it and downloaded the new version, several times. I again just now downloaded the new version and when I clicked on the icon on my desktop I got this message,

"Spyware Blaster has caused an error in <unknown>. Spyware Blaster will now close". If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer."

Restarting computer does not help. I now again uninstalled Spyware Blaster. I am getting no place fast.

19. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

20. OneLady

Thanks snowbound. I have checked out the gladiator site. I really don't understand what hijack this means. I am going to install a program that will more or less gather information from my pc, copy and paste it and post it onto the gladiator site so they can fix the problem? I already have the Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy programs installed. I will update them. I will give it a try seeing as nothing else works. I will post back here in a day or 2 to let you know how it turns out.

21. snowbound

Here's a little tutorial on HJT,

http://castlecops.com/HijackThis.html

It is the best way i know of to find and weed out malware on a system. The experts at that site will analyse your log and give u recommendatons on any infections found.

snowbound

22. OneLady

Thanks Snowbound. I was concerned about the program hijacking my personal information. Can't be too safe these days. I did check it out and will follow through on it. First I have to take out the old spybot and install the new one. I am not a novice but not a geek either so I take my time doing these steps. Will try to get back in a few days to update you. Have some personal things to take care of also. Thanks again for your help and input.

23. snowbound

You're welcome. :)

snowbound

24. OneLady

Thanks Snowbound for all of your help. I was able to get my programs working with help from the Gladiator Forums. I downloaded vbrun60sp5.exe and everything is working just fine now. Well that is except for Compupic. I am waiting for a response from their techs. Just happy my security programs are working. Thanks again for all of your help.:)

25. snowbound

You're welcome. :)

Glad we could help.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.