Spyware Blaster Custom Blocking

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mjolnir, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Registered Member

SpywareBlaster has a "Tools" tab under which you may enter web addys for "Custom Blocking".

My question is, what is this CLSID number that the program asks for?

Evidently, you must have the correct number, because its not blocking the web sites I have entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

3. dak

dak Registered Member

Not web addresses. You enter a name (it could anything you wanted) for the custom blocking entry, and the CLSID enclosed in accolades.

Basically CLSID is a "CLaSs IDentification" number that distinguishes one ActiveX component (for example) from another.

Yes, you do have to have the correct CLSID. That is what the blocking is based on, setting the "kill-bit" for that identifier. What is entered in the name field has no bearing on the blocking, it is just a convention to make it more easily read by humans (like IP addresses vs domain names).

--
    dak

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Mjolnir,

Pieter has supplied a wonderful tutorial of how to add Custom Blocking for ActiveX components and I only wish to understand\clarify something you said.

"its not blocking the web sites I have entered"

By adding Custom CLSID entries this does NOT block Web sites....this blocks the attempts by Web sites from installing ActiveX components without your consent. Are you wanting to block\restrict what certain Web sites can do when you visit them ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.