Spyware Blaster Confliting with T-Mobile HotSpot

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Vince B, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince B

Vince B Registered Member

I ran the previous version of Blaster and it seems to be trying to start my T-Mobile connection - and I'm already connected at home (not though t-mobile)
    Installed new version of Blaster - still happens.

first it pops up a small box Prepairing to Install - then I get a Dialog box with a progress bar titled T-Mobile Connection Manager with text in the box above the progress bar that says "Please wait while Windows configures the product" at which point another box pops up Labled T-Mobile Connection Manager Inside the box is:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Setup.msi' in the box below.

Use Source:
    (text dropdown box) C:\DOCUME~1\Vince\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZSE0.Th1
    --------------------------------------------------
    There is an Ok, Cancle and Browse Button on the right side.

Note that the dropdown box is too small to display the srouce and when I hit it the source shown wraps so I'm not sure that it's actually Th1 - the h appears to be wrapped in the middle of the character. so Th1 a best guess.

So the obvious question is - WHY?

Vince.

2. Vince B

Vince B Registered Member

Addtional Information - I've connected with T-Mobile - and when I start Spyware blaster - it again brings up the installer for T-Mobile, I canceled it before it got beyond trying to load the installer. Once the installer is canceled, Blaster continues as normal. This is just very very weird.

Machine: Sony Vaio PCG-FRV26
    Anti-Virus: Tend Micro - PC-cillin.
    Firewall: XP
    Other monitors - WinPatrol. Note if you want a complete list of all services running let me know.

Vince

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

A similar issue has popped up from time to time with the Microsoft Office installer on a few people's PCs.

See here for more information on that issue: http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/7/064/article/

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to try uninstalling and reinstalling that T-Mobile Connection Manager program. That may fix the issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.