Spyware Blaster and Yahoo Launch

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by abitbent, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abitbent

abitbent Registered Member

Anyone having troubles watching vids at Yahoo's Launch? I'm trying to eliminate what the problem is, and it seems since my last update with spyware blaster, I've been having this problem.

http://launch.yahoo.com/default.asp

thanx in advance

bent

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi abitbent,

Just as one more point of information, have you confirmed that disabling all of SpywareBlaster's protection returns that site's functionality to normal for you?

FYI - Disabling all protections is done by opening SpywareBlaster, hitting the "Deselect All" button followed by the "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items". After doing this, close and restart your browser and try the site again.

If this let's it work, reenable all SpywareBlaster protections and confirm that it breaks it again. This will clearly tell us that a protection is doing the blocking of the site. Then we can narrow it down from there. Thanks.

3. abitbent

Thanx for the quick reply LWM....

Turns out it's not specific to Spyware Blaster. I unprotected against all items and rebooted, same problem. Wierd.

Thanx again

bent

4. metoo

metoo Guest

I also installed Spyware Blaster and lost all Yahoo launch and movie trailer functionality. As stated, I removed all protection, and rebooted to no avail. What IE settings are changed when Spyware Blaster is installed?

5. MeToo

MeToo Guest

OK so I have done a complete uninstall and reboot of my W2K sp4 (IE 6.1) workstation. None of the Yahoo Launch and movie trailers launch. :eek: The status is "pop-up blocked http://...". I changed all security settings to default and still was able to obtain functionality.

Any ideas?

6. MeToo

MeToo Guest

oops...I meant "still UNABLE" to obtain functionality of the Yahoo launch.

7. abitbent

Here's my details about yahoo luanch.... with respect to the forum topic, I don't mean to hog bandwidth, but so far other spyware blaster users are encountering the same thing.

When I click a vid, the video popup window appears, everything seems to load in the window, however wmp doesn't connect to the vid and even the advertisement pane on the left doesn't seem to appear with anything in it either. After some time, eventually it times out and gives me the following:

ERROR

We are experiencing technical difficulties right now, please try again later.

Please use the following error code when writing to Yahoo! Help. (Error Code: 15)

I've been in touch with Yahoo about this problem and they offered me to reinstall windows media player, which I've done, and no change. The details of Error Code 15 is basically a connection problem, more specifically, no connection between the application window and the yahoo server. I wonder if spyware blaster is somehow blocking this commuincation? I've eliminated the possiblity of problems with a firewall, popupstopper, and/or proxy server so far.

HELP!

bent

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, I've never used Yahoo! Launch before, so I went to the link posted above and let it run any scripts and ActiveX it wanted and I got right into it. The screen shot below is the Window I got with a video playing in the right side and status and Ads in the left side. Is this the window that you all are having problems with?

I have the latest SpywareBlaster, with all protections enabled, and it seems to work for me. Of course, I had to trust parts of the Yahoo sites and servers in IE to get it all to play, but, it seems to work for me.

Attached Files:

9. abitbent

That's the one LWM... Thanks again for clearing it up. I suspected that Spywareblaster may have had nothing to do with it, especially after disabling all the registry tweaks and trying to run yahoo launch again.

I've no clue why it won't play on my machine, must be something else.

bent

10. abitbent

Ok... I feel stupid.....

Just for fun, I checked my internet settings in explorer, because I know I don't have the browser detecting my settings or a proxy server preference either. Wouldn't you know, somehow my browser was set to go through a proxy. I'm now sure how it got changed, but I'm prepared to run the gauntlet for blaming spyware blaster. My bad, thanx for the therapy. :D

bent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.