Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard Questions

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by afboy143, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afboy143

afboy143 Registered Member

Hey guys,
    Ive been using spyware blaster for a while now but just joined the forums. I have a question, On the javacool website it says a subscribtion for updates is $9.95 or something like that but when I update it in the program it doesnt ask for any money. Also I got spyware guard and the lately updates are from January of this year, are there going to be anymore updates for this program? Thanks guys

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The SpywareBlaster paid update feature is only if you want the program to do update checks automatically when your system boots. Manual updates yield the same updated protections except that you have to remember to run SpywareBlaster periodically and actually check for the updates by hitting the button. It's basically a convenience thing.

SpywareGuard has not had updates for a while, though it does remain fairly effective because of the way it works. It is coded in such a way that it is less dependant upon spyware signatures and looks more towards trapping the kind of things common in some form of spyware installers. (It's called heuristics.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.