Spyware Blaster and Netscape

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bobhurter, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobhurter

bobhurter Registered Member

I am using Netscape 7.1 browser but Spyware Blaster 3.2 is not recognizing that it is a Mozilla based browser. Tried installing Netscape 7.2 and then reinstalling Spyware Blaster but same result.

Is there some way to get Spyware Blaster 3.2 to recognize Netscape 7.1 as a Mozilla based browser.

Bob

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bobhurter

bobhurter Registered Member

Thanks for the link. Found that the solution proposed by Javacool - rename the registry.dat file in the Mozilla folder and then let Netscape recreate the file on the next use of Netscape - does get SpywareBlaster 3.2 to work with Netscape 7.1.

But this causes other problems - i.e. need to set up Netscape 7.1 from scratch including e-mail accounts and all settings - also, all address books are lost, all saved e-mails are lost etc which means a lot of work to try to get them back This causes more problems than it's worth to get SpywareBlaster 3.2 to work.

Although Javacool says the problem is with Netscape 7.1, I didn't have these problems with earlier versions of Spyware Blaster so as far as I am concerned the problem is with the 3.2 version not Netscape.

I'm going to forget Spyware Blaster for the time being and hope that the next version contains a good fix of this problem.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.