Spyware Blaster 4.0, problem with Updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Green Giant, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

The autoupdate feature turns itself off so that I either have to update manually or hope that an update is avalable when I re-enable autoupdate.

How please do I correct this? My licence is shown as having 354 days lft.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re: Spyware Blaster 4.0

Hi,

The common cause of this behavior is another security program that is interfering with SpywareBlaster's ability to set its auto-run entry. (Common culprits are programs like Ad-Aware's Ad-Watch module.)

Please double-check your other security/privacy software and ensure that none of it is conflicting. (To be safe, we'd recommended disabling it all temporarily, trying to enable AutoUpdate, and then re-enabling it all - to see if that allows the auto-run entry to stick.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Green Giant

Re: Spyware Blaster 4.0

Thanks for the reply Javacool. I have been away for eight days, hence the delayed thanks.

The only security software I have is AVG Internet Security and PrevxCSI (paid for version), not the ones you say cause the problems with updating.

When I returned home today and switched on my PC, pyware Blaster sad it had just updated automatically, but the page of the program still says that Autoupdate is disabled.

4. Green Giant

Continuing Problem with Updates

Sometimes the autoupdate feature switches itself off. For the last two days it has remained on, but the latest signature update has just had to be made manually.

No point in paying for the autoupdate feature, is there?

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re: Continuing Problem with Updates

Hi,

We're in the process of tracking down another instance in which it seems SpywareBlaster may not be properly detecting AutoUpdate as fully enabled.

What version of Windows are you running? (And what service pack as well?)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. Green Giant

Re: Continuing Problem with Updates

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Hope this helps to solve this long-standing problem in my PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice