Spyware Blaster 3.5.01 Won't Start; XP Error Message

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Double-J, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double-J

Double-J Registered Member

Howdy folks. I've been using Spyware Blaster for about 4 months on my Windows XP system, but for some reason when I turned my PC on today when I try to run the program (I was going to download updates) I receive these messages:

http://mysite.verizon.net/DoubleJ16/error1.jpg
    http://mysite.verizon.net/DoubleJ16/error2.jpg

I've tried restarting (both the program and my PC), and re-installing the program, but nothing seems to be working. I haven't changed any settings, since I usually update my Spyware/Antivirus stuff first thing when I jump on my PC, so I didn't install any new programs or anything like that.

So consequently, I'm at a loss as to why this program, which I really like, just decided to stop working like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    DJ

2. Get

Get Guest

You could look in Event Viewer if there's a clue ( Start-> Run-> type : eventvwr ). You didn't install anything you say, but maybe you repressed installing Internet Explorer 7? Before uninstalling Spywareblaster did you disable all protection and after did you delete the SB-folder from Program Files (if there is one o_O) and clean the registry?

3. Double-J

Double-J Registered Member

All appears to be well, the third time must be the charm...I reinstalled again, and it works now. ;)

BTW - I didn't install IE 7 until yesterday evening, which was after I got the Spyware Blaster working, so it couldn't have been that. But that was a good thought...usually if something like this happens, I always think to what I was installing at the time, but I hadn't done anything except turn on my PC and try to update Spyware Blaster's definitions.

Thanks for the help. :)

Best,
    DJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.