SpySweeper Beta 5

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Infinity, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Re: SpySweeper Beta 5 - Feedback?

hmmm so Ewido has a new release? Thanx for the heads up Get you geek on...

I had errors that weren't gone with system restore .. I didn't installed FD-ISR at that time yet .. (now I have lol..learned my lesson I guess)

with the current version I am very pleased, also with Ewido I am pleased but A2 at the moment is the best thing I have honestly...the possibilities are endless regards their realtime IDS.

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, I am running ewido 4.0, A-Squared 2.0 and SpySweeper 5.0 Beta 3 simultaneously.

IMHO, at the moment, both SpySweeper and ewido complement each other in spyware and trojan detection, although both programs will aim at to be equally strong in both trojan and spyware detection, and the method used by ewido and SpySweeper is different. So running them both simultaneously gives two layers of protection, and for the time being, there is no conflict so far.

In the future, when both ewido and SpySweeper are mature enough and equally strong in both trojan and spyware detection, I may just choose one from the two.

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Whenever I try a beta software or a new software, I always use TrueImage to backup a copy of my system first. This helps to revert to the previous state when serious error occurs. :D

4. Infinity

seems like a mature way of analysing programs!

they do complement eachother (however I do prefer the realtime memory scanner of Boclean, the FileScanner of Ewido P!us * both for trojandetection * and Spysweeper for Spyware ;)

as my first line of malware defense I have now discovered A2 .. and simply I would give all my licences away just to have this IDS of A2 .. the best effort made so far regarding the implementation of heuristics and HIPS

5. Infinity

I didn't had my Virtual OS installed yet...I know :) .. don't worry :D

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To All:

Let's keep the discussion confined to the thread Title Please....SpySweeper Beta 5 - Feedback? :ninja:

Thanks,
    Bubba

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

And I have a dual boot system, dual booting Windows XP and Windows 2000. When unexpected error occurs in either OS, I can continue to work on the other OS. Some people used VM virtualization software to test new or beta software, which is also a good way of testing new software.

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Sorry about that, Bubba... :D :p

9. Get Your geek On!

Get Your geek On! Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  10. Infinity

so to conclude (at least at my side) .. no beta spysweeper for me anymore ..

.. however I did like the new GUI (that greyish felt nice at my screen lol)

yes VmWare is my companion but sometimes I am too lazy to do all that work :D :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.