SpySubtract

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by habari42, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I stated this a long time ago too: spysubtract is not bad but it has a immature database which can cause false positives...is it therefor a scam, I don't know...If I had deleted all the spyware on my system that PestPatrol reported a year ago I had nothing left on my machine :D so I have had enough flagging for the next two years :)

Habari, It is up to you but you can sleep on both ears regarding this gpinstall.exe file.

Inf.

2. habari42

habari42 Registered Member

Hi Graphic. Thanks for your comments. I'm still having a go at SpySubtract Management regarding their ineffective Support, without any acknowledgement so far. I presume you were asked to forward all the data ("Dr Intermute's Diagnostic Results" !!). I was amazed by the mass of stuff involved and actually quantified it at 220 pages,which prompted me to say in my last email:- "Bearing in mind the vast quantities of data which I have forwarded at your request, I would have thought you could have solved the ultimate mysteries of the universe by now. !!!" Let me know how you get on with your SpySubtract problems. In general,I find that Support services with simple,on-line initiation,followed by direct email contact are nearly always much better than the complicated systems like SpySubtract,which also often frustrate me when virtually everything you send is answered by a different person, who doesn't seem to have read the previous correspondence !!!
    Cheers Haba. :mad:

3. habari42

It is up to you but you can sleep on both ears regarding this gpinstall.exe file.

Inf.[/QUOTE]

Hi Inf. I've not been able to follow your advise yet and it's very painful trying it. It would probably be much easier if I had a few rabbits in my ancestry,which would also have been a good excuse for my misspent youth.!!!
    Cheers, Haba. :D

4. habari42

Hi Graphic. I thought I would bring you up-to-date regarding my battle with SpySubtract Support. This is a copy of my latest (and last-at least in connection with the current issues) email,having received two from them today. "OK BOSPY,that's enough for me,thank you. For you to say at this stage (after well over a month of "correspondence"--if your ludicrous system justifies the word),QUOTE:"I am a little hazy as to the problem you are having," is beyond any comment I can make here. Added to the fact that in your other email of the same date you ask me for ANOTHER mass of data in addition to the data I have already forwarded, which I have quantified at 220 PAGES.!!!! I have dealt with a lot of Technical support systems over a great many years but yours is well in the lead for the Booby Prize. I am a reasonable man, but there is a limit." How are you getting- on? Cheers, Haba. :mad:

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thanx for clearing this up haba and for sharing this info!!

I am sorry you had this experience! that is one of the reasons I stick with companies that are allready quite known...at least you know it know (and we all do)

keep it up

Inf.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I sympathize, having had numerous such experiences. However, I'm sure you are aware that, while ventilating steam might make you feel a bit better, it is usually NOT the way to get any real help.

7. habari42

Thanks for your words of wisdom,bellgamin. You are quite right,of course, but in this particular case I have given-up all hope of getting any real help and allowed myself the vicarious pleasure of saying exactly what I thought.!! Cheers, Haba. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.