SpyShelter va Zemmana AntiKeyloger? Which one?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tempnexus, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

LOL. Yep, all we (including you) can talk about is some personal experience. Nobody of us knows SB (and other products) internals, all we know is just some reproducible/not reproducible tests and some declarations/beliefs :)

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

@alex_s: So your exploit for Sandboxie is outdated. Even though Comodo has weaknesses, the malware has to bypass it in Sandboxie's environment. Also, you completely didn't factor in my Software Restriction Policy.
    Therefore, these anti-keyloggers are still useless for me.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I don't try to promote any software to you, I only try to beware you of being overconfident. No setup can guarantee complete security, new malware goes more and more tricky, so the only way to go is to educate yourself. This way is more effective and interesting than installing security software :)

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

If I was overconfident, my security setup would be a lot smaller. High education is required for my current setup anyways.

6. moontan

moontan Registered Member

you know, if it wasn't for online banking i would not really care about all this security bs.

all i would use would be imaging if i ever were infected.

but it's another ball game when your money is involved.

7. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

:thumb:

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Identity theft and other scams are still possible without online banking.

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

This. Access to email is possible if your machine is compromised and it's probably not too hard to figure things out about a person.

10. moontan

right you are.

thanks for feeding my paranoia! ;)

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Personally I've reached a point that I feel that malware lifting info from my PC will become less of a problem. Why should hackers bother with individuals when harvesting good info can be done more efficiently elsewhere?

Without darkening your day too much:

5/11/11- A number of PIN pads in Chicago-area Michaels stores were found to have been tampered with. Michaels checked 7,200 PIN pads in 964 US stores. Fewer than 90 pads were found to have been compromised, but the affected pads were in 20 states. Michaels expects the process of replacing the pads to last about 15 days. The number of affected customers is in the tens of thousands. PIN pads in Canada will also be checked.

The Chicago-area was the hardest hit; 14 stores had compromised PIN pads. Customers who used their debit or credit cards at Michaels are encouraged to monitor their transaction records. Michaels Stores released an official statement.

5/4/11- Netflix- An employee working in a call center accessed customer credit card information for two months without authorization. Customer names, credit card numbers and other credit card information could have been misused by the employee. The employee's actions were discovered on April 4, the employee was terminated, and a criminal investigation was launched.

(5/3/2011): A review of Sony's network breach revealed that it was larger than first thought. Sony turned the SOE system off. Hackers may have taken personal information from an additional 24,600,000 user accounts in Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain. Names, addresses, genders, email addresses, login name and associated password, phone numbers and birth dates of SOE gaming customers, as well as data from about 12,700 credit card accounts and 10,700 bank accounts from an outdated 2007 database could have been accessed. The outdated account information that may have been obtained by hackers includes credit card numbers, debit card numbers, expiration dates, bank account numbers, customer names, account names and customer addresses.

4/14/11- The Social Security numbers of living people were made available on the Social Security Administration's Death Master File. This happened twice. Between July of 2006 and January 0f 2009 26,930 people had their Social Security numbers and other identifying information exposed. A warning from the SSA's Office of the Inspector General about privacy risks associated with the report was not enough to prevent the second incident. Between May 2007 and April of 2010 36,657 people had their full names, Social Security numbers, dates of birth, and last known ZIP code exposed.

4/1/11- Following a wave of iTunes fraud in 2010, iTunes users are experiencing another wave of hackers using their accounts to make fraudulent purchases. The hackers purchase music, gift cards, games, ringtones, and apps by accessing customer credit card information and modifying billing addresses. Some of these incidents result in hundreds of dollars of fraudulent purchases. Apple has yet to comment on the situation.

And I hope you guys realize that these are just the high points from the last 45 days. I'm leaving out such trivia as:

4/21/11- Over a dozen customers of Qdoba discovered fraudulent charges to their bank accounts after making purchases at the restaurant. The number of affected individuals appears to be 12-18 as of April 21. People discovered charges ranging from a few hundred dollars to one thousand dollars. The cause of the breach may be a computer hacker who somehow accessed the financial clearing house used by Qdoba to process credit and debit card transactions.

12. guest

guest Guest

For 32 bit And 64 bit; Spyshelter
    Why?
    - more sensitive protection
    - effective anti kernel mode logger
    - Restricted mode
    - Scanning files in virustotal

Any reasonable arguments for zemana? Less alerts? You can always choose to medium security mode....

For 32 bit SS has even free version.
    You base opinion on very old version, now it works very very stable also It does not use now hooks as previously.

Check access violation page to see folders add them all to RW access and then restart email client as restricted, in such way worked for me Windows Mail (new outlook)
    Maybe it will work for whitedragon also

1) Not all apps will work under this mode since os resources are preety restricted
    2) Usually help adding folders to RW access list – you can see which folders needs on access violation list and right click “add”
    Then restart this program and check again

13. moontan

tnx for the heads-up.
    i might give it a try just to see if my machine will take it.
    last time i tried SS my computer was coughing up hairballs. :argh:

anyway, here's a review of SpyShelter.
    the reviewer seems to like it...
    -https://technonxt.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/spyshelter-4/-

14. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

SpyShelter vs Zemmana AntiKeyloger. Which one?

SpyShelter vs Zemmana AntiKeyloger.
    Which one?

+1 for SpyShelter.

15. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

SpyShelter va Zemmana AntiKeyloger? Which one?

Simple, try them both against the various available nice tests. On your comp with your setup, you'll Only know if you try ;)

16. flaubert71

flaubert71 Registered Member

I use KIS 2012 + zemana antilogger and is good combination for me....:D

17. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

If I recall properly it happened on x64 platform. As for my point I stressed it several times already -- no security scheme can guarantee complete security.

18. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I don't have a 64 bit computer to test new release.

19. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

Have you thought about KeyScrambler?

Been using it for a while now. Does what it says it will.

One off payment too. Yearly subscription put me off the other two.

20. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

KeyScrambler is not really a lifetime subscription product as you would not be able to upgrade to newer versions after an year.

SpyShelter Premium is a lifetime subscription product, you would be provided free upgrades to all future versions with a single purchase.

http://www.spyshelter.com/purchase.html

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  21. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

:thumb: See that? That was me talking out of my arse :D

According to the QFX site FAQ's you get free upgrades for 'at least' one year.

I'll still reiterate my point that KeyScrambler is a decent alternative to the two concerned.

22. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Does KIS 2012 have a virtual keyboard like KIS 2010 had ?

23. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

If you were really high educated you'd not need any third-party security, for built-in one is quite enough if properly treated.

24. moontan

could we drop the personal remarks and get back to the subject please? :doubt:

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i will say spyshelter i feel it is more stable;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.