SpyShelter New Version 8.3

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by asr, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

SS development speed is not fast as old times (v1-6) But it still faster than their competitors.
    Follow them, You will see ;)

2. I try the free version on 32 bits from time to time, because I have a had a few change request waiting to be implemented: still waiting on

1. Additional auto allow mode
    - allow Microsoft signed for Operating System product range only (simular to AppLocker publisher rules on product family level), because the mail, webbrowser of Microsoft are internet facing and should be treated differently IMO (no auto allow)

2. At the moment you have either deny/allow rule for one or all actions
    - it would be very nice to have a deny 'all other actions' rule, in this way one could use learning period to add allow rules for individual actions. When you are finished you can add a deny all 'other actions' for a particular binary to prevent shoot in the foot and make SpyShelter more silent and granular for the geek (deny all actions takes priority over an allow specific action, so at the moment it is impossible to blend this yourself).

Have decided to add it to may setup for a while, to use a tripple trust zone approch (see sig). Guest seems to have good relations, may be he can convince the developers of the benefit of those change requests :)

See Picture, now I had to manually add 'all other' actions for Chrome.exe with an hex-editor (for the system protection module), please add 'all other actions' option :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

SpyShelter 8.3 does not encrypt numpad keys with Swedish keyboard layout. Non-english users should be careful using those keys, as it may be a problem on other languages than English..

I really hope SpyShelter look into this. I did report the bug soon after 8.3 was released.

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I wish the Action column could contain more than 1 type, so the rules window wouldn't have so many rows to scroll through. Also that the keyboard encryption allowed global exceptions so that my Autohotkey script could still be functional. I can exclude the target applications, but that would open them to any application and not just my AHK script. For now, I'm running with the keyboard encryption disabled - I use Autohotkey too much give it up.

What I am thankful for is that Spyshelter Premium hasn't given me any problems at all. No bluescreens or conflicts at all. :thumb:

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

free doesnt have x64 support so its not useable to me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.