SpyShelter 5.20 final released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Can you delete the rule if you made it and try again and send a screenshot of the popup?
    Maybe is a plugin or toolbar.

2. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I also think it might be a toolbar but I am not sure. As a matter of caution I have restored from a clean system image as I have to make online payments using my laptop. I have to install Spyshelter again to post the screenshot. But I am thinking of having something simple like rapport.

The alert is when I start IE9 spyshelter system protection module issues a warning that IE9 is trying to inject a remote dll in to some process. The file name of the targeted process is not given in the alert. Only its pid is given. But I cannot find a process with that pid in the task manager. Even if I deny that action by creating a rule IE9 functions normally. My laptop comes with an IE addon that enables to send a file from a website directly through bluetooth. There is also a startup entry for bluetooth functionality which spyshelter claimed as trying to log keystrokes. So I have disabled that startup entry. Maybe that startup entry and the IE addon are related. Now I have disabled all addons for IE. I can confirm that IE9 executable file is not tampered with since in the alert spyshelter says that iexplore.exe is digitally signed by Microsoft Corporation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.