SpyShelter 4.x releases...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

Re: SpyShelter 4.0 releases...

lol looking at what u just typed i think u had bigger problems than zemana being jealous lol...

u wer using a clasical HIPS, a sandbox HIPS, an Antilogger/HIPS product AND an AV... its surprising ur system even ran.

2. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

Hmmm, compared to your sig... :rolleyes: ;)

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im using no products of the same kind which is the key, its not an insult so dont take such a defensive position, im explaining a pretty logical reason why YOUR having a problem, if u havent noticed, i had no problem.

and to clarify im using 1 antilogger/HIPS product, 1 AV, 1 rollback software which performs no realtime action and winpatrol that simply does polling of system areas to show changes, NOT a HIPS... = no conflict. i mean come on, u wer using 3 HIPS products...

4. guest

guest Guest

New version released today;

4.08 (15/May/2010)
    4.09 (17/May/2010)
    4.10 (19/May/2010)
    4.11 (21/May/2010)

- Fixed bug with closing GUI on system shutdown
    - Fixed protection state saving issue
    - Installer updates: Now it is possible to run program after install without restart on all configurations
    - Small language updates

5. guest

guest Guest

@stapp;
    Can you check it with new version (4.11)

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

In one way i applaud SS's almost constant efforts at improving their app. I know of NO other vendor who has or does this as much as them.

However, it seems that in their enthusiasm to do this, they may be releasing updates/versions too soon without fuller testing. This is increasingly apparent lately when witnessing multiple updates to fix previous updates.

I'm all for dedication and aiming to be as good as possible, but not if it's at the expense of regular faulty updates, and almost daily installs. I think they should hold off pushing out so many updates as often as they do, whilst they can be more confident of compatability etc.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I used FD-ISR (classic) to return to another snapshot without SpyShelter on it.

I did this because I found problems with Online Armor this morning after booting.

Are you saying Guest that the latest SS version may have 'improved' in some ways?

Did you also see the inability of SS to shut down in the previous version?

8. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

No problems with shut down in the new SpyShelter

9. guest

guest Guest

Yes.
    SS developers are very fast.They give ear to user. They can resolve any problem within 1-2 days. Just send them.

10. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Yes the support is great !

11. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have re-installed SpyShelter this morning, now version 4.11.

I can now shutdown or restart without SS holding on.

Desktop icon still doesn't work and report bugs link in gui merely opens a blank page in my browser.

I shall watch and see how things go with Online Armor.

12. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Tested against the rogue Virus Protector and even though I hit deny the rogue still installed.

One.JPG

Two.JPG

13. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

The 2 issues I had regarding build 4.11 have now been sorted out by the developer and I presume will be incorporated in a future build.

14. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Good to hear that. SpyShelter support team are really very cooperative...

I have a bad experience with Zemana Support Team, they never get back to me on any of my issue. :( :(

15. SafetyFirst

4.12 (26/May/2010)

16. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Same Here.I asked them a question months before, still i diddnt receive a reply.
    But their product is top quality.

17. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Re - Zemana Support

I can testify that they did reply to the emails i sent them.

18. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Lucky you !! I have already send 5 emails to them but all in vain. They never replied any of them. :rolleyes:

19. guest

guest Guest

SpyShelter 4.14 released

- New key logging method protected
    - System protection updated(protection for some system files)
    - Fixed issue with update checking function on some configurations
    - Self defence updates
    - Decreased number of false alerts
    - Small installer improvements
    - New language added

20. SafetyFirst

4.14 (01/Jun/2010)

- New key logging method protected
    - System protection updated(protection for some system files)
    - Fixed issue with update checking function on some configurations
    - Self defence updates
    - Decreased number of false alerts
    - Small installer improvements
    - New language added

21. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I was using a licensed version 4.12 when I read about the update to 4.14. When I tried to update . . .

1- Spyshelter's built-in updater didn't work. Instead it gave the message that it cannot update and I should check my firewall. I allowed Spyshelter in my firewall (Online Armor). When that didn't work I disabled the firewall. Spyshelter still gave the message that it couldn't update.

2- I then downloaded version 4.14 manually & attempted to manually update. Shortly AFTER I began the install of version 4.14, Spyshelter then informed me that it needed to uninstall the old version.

3-After I uninstalled prior version of Spyshelter, I again tried to install the update. It let me proceed through several steps then suddenly stopped & said I needed to do a restart. This is a very unfriendly updater because it gives NO advance warning about needed uninstalls, restarts, etc. Thus I had to repeat work unnecessarily because, after restart, I had to start the install again, right from the very beginning.

4- Evidently Spyshelter has no memory of previous installs. After restart, when I again began installing the update, Spyshelter tried to install itself to a location other than where I had previously installed it. It also put ADDITIONAL shortcuts on the desktop & on the Start>Programs list.

5- BOTTOM LINE- Spyshelter is a good security program but needs to improve its update process. I sent Spyshelter support an email requesting that they: (1) fix Spyshelter's internal updater so that it works, (2) enable a new version to install over the old version, and retain all prior locations, settings, etc, and (3) inform users ahead of time if there is a need to uninstall, restart, etc.

22. bellgamin

I received a very fast reply from Spyshelter support. The changelog for 4.14 said "Fixed issue with update checking function on some configurations." I didn't realize that this meant they fixed the problem whereby the updater didn't work at all. So the updater now works okay.

They also said 4.14 will henceforth inform user beforehand if uninstall is needed, & allow restart to be performed on demand.

They agreed with the need for SS updates to store ALL settings if the user chooses to keep them at uninstall time.

All in all I must say that Spyshelter's support is SUPERB!

23. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I must agree with you Bellgamin about the support. The replies are very quick indeed.

I was impressed at the trouble they took to find out why the 'report bug' link in the gui didn't work for me. They installed different browsers on different operating systems etc and found out that using Opera on XP there is a fault in the way Opera, my default browser, calls something using shellexecute. (not my strong point here)

It was something to do with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Opera.html/shell/open/command/

They have reported it to Opera. For me I would get no tabs open when I clicked the link, and in their tests with Opera and XP, SpyShelter got two tabs!!

It also explained to me why when I right-click Online Armor's taskbar icon and select TallEmu on the web, I get two tabs, one blank and one that works :)

The seem a keen set of guys at SpyShelter.

24. SafetyFirst

Bellgamin, I always highly appreciate your opinion, so I think I'm going to try SpyShelter. It must be a goodie when it made to change your attitude from
    and

or

or

to

;)

25. bellgamin

I have been expecting someone to post along these lines.;)

I often buy licenses for software that I wish to support but have no intention of using. I only run 2 security apps in real-time: OA & Prevx. But I own at least 2 dozen licenses for real-time security apps such as MBAM, Avira, Outpost (lifetime), Zemana, Twister (lifetime), Mamutu, Spyshelter (lifetime), etc etc etc.

I still consider that running a real-time antilogger is unnecessary if one exercises tight control over outgoing connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.