SpyShelter 10

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I think 10.9.8 on 64-bit was without issues...it looks they were on 32-bit although I'm not completely sure.

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

No new features, no improvements to the GUI, very boring!

3. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

Yes , but it works well , so no complaints

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Rose-colour? :rolleyes:

5. Rasheed187

The logging system has to be one of the worst ever seen in any HIPS. And no option to auto-block certain behaviors. :thumbd:

That's true.

6. ichito

ichito Registered Member

OK...it's true that is no others command/option you can get from mouse menu except "view log file" - it gives you logged action listed in Notepad. As regards to auto-block option...right, no way to find specific feature called "auto-block behaviour (e.g.) rule #xx" but you can create group rules based on action listed in advanced rule window.
    - in "Rules" click right button somewhere on the list and from menu chose "Create rule fo a component"
    - you get new "empty" window without name of process and specific rules - everything on default settings
    - you can make your own rule/pattern for each action (allow/block/default) and at the end save everything with the name you want
    - then you can use saved pattern for any app/process you want/need just loading after opening rules windows to edit settings.
    180417110013_1.jpg
    That's the way for detected actions but you can create your own rule for connection also and than load it when you need - the box "Custom network rule"-"Select" and "Create" button.

7. Rasheed187

The thing what's so ridiculous about the log window is that you only get to see the ActionType which is a freaking number, they didn't bother to fix this in almost 10 years. And even if App Execution Control is disabled you will see it being logged.

Speaking of App Execution Control, there is no way to fine tune it, like with EXE Radar. And we should be able to block certain behaviors automatically on a global level. For example, I want to auto-block outgoing connections and read/write access to protected folders, I do not want to see any alerts! I would love to see certain features of GlassWire, BlackFog and Win Firewall Control being incorporated, I miss this type of innovation.