Spybot S&D

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by BenDavid, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenDavid

BenDavid Registered Member

Received the following message from Spybot:

User specific browser toolbar
    Can anyone enlighten me with an explanation, as I am not sure if I should Allow or Deny ,Any suggestions will be most welcome. Thanks

2. zoriv

zoriv Registered Member

It's evidently that you have activated "Resident" and "Tea-Time" from the tools from Spybot S&D. You made good decision.
    Very useful feature called tea-time. Herebelow I'll quote you the meaning of this feature taken from Spybot S&D help
    ----------------
    What is the Resident TeaTimer?

The Resident TeaTimer is a new tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options how to deal with this process in the future: You can set TeaTimer to:

- be informed, when the process tries to start again
    - automatically kill the process
    - or generally allow the process to run There is also an option to delete the file associated with this process.

In addition, TeaTimer detects, when something wants to change some critical registry keys. TeaTimer can protect you against such changes again giving you an option: You can either "Allow" or "Deny" the change. As TeaTimer is always running in the background, it takes some resources of about 5 MB.

Why does Resident TeaTimer terminate the application before asking?

Because threats like toll dialers are time critical - they cost from the first second they've connected. In order to protect you, these have to be terminated at the moment they appear before they can connect at all.
    ------------
    Unquote
    My answer is to click "deny" to all unknown programs come from internet.But finally it is your choice. If you suddenly get this message when you are on internet my advise is always clic "deny".
    Zoriv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.