Spybot Broken After Latest Update

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by huntnyc, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Running latest version of Spybot, my scan is broken after updtae, I think. It seems not to scan at all but just shuts down the program almost after I push the scan button. Anyone else having these problems. Thanks.

Gary

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

No problem here - this is with Spybot 1.4 and Windows XP Home SP2.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No problem here either. I have win2000proSP4 of course :)

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi Gary,

Spybot may have somehow corrupted, try uninstalling it, remove it's protections first - if you also run Spyware Blaster 3.4 - re-enable all protections in SB 3.4 because there is some over lap with registry entries they both write and those over lapping protections will be removed when you remove Spybot's protections, Reboot, and then re-install Spybot S&D 1.4 and try running a scan again.

If that doesn't solve then issue, report back and we'll look for other possibilities.

Steve

5. huntnyc

Thanks for the advice and I tried it but have the same results with Spybot shutting down immediately when I press the scan button. Your help to try to solve this is most appreciated.

Gary

6. dog

dog Guest

Hi Gary, ;)

Hmm ... I wonder if you have a CWS variant. :doubt:

Could you first read this FAQ on the Spybot Website - FAQ Section - try the first suggestion first (it's probably easiest to Download, unzip and run the automated tool (listed under #2 on the page - Here's a Direct Download in case you can't find it - http://spybot.eon.net.au/files/resetsettings.zip ), and then attempt to rescan.

If that doesn't help at all, please try the CWS SmartKiller removal Tool next ( Direct Download - http://www.safer-networking.org/files/delcwssk.zip ), follow the prompts, then reboot, and try another scan.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2005
  7. huntnyc

Steve,

Tried both of those and nonehelped. Have not looked at the FAQ yet but will take a look when Ican. Thanks and if anyhmoere advice, please let me know.

Gary

8. dog

dog Guest

Hi Gary, ;)

Just to be safe and to make sure the issue isn't malware related at all. Can you post a Hijack This Log @ Net-Integration , be sure to read their guidelines before posting. I'm sending you there for two reasons, First because they do process HJT Logs, and second they are the official support forum for Spybot S&D, so if it isn't malware related they should be better able to provide a solution.

* Please be sure to note and highlight that you can't run Spybot as per their instructions * But be sure to follow all of their other instructions and list all the other info they request. *

Please do report back and keep us up to date. :) ... I'll continue to look around ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.