Spybot...bad checksum?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bigbuck, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I just cloned back from Ext HDD to fix a couple of niggles. When I went to update SBS&D it wouldn't DL the updates. I got this "bad checksum". I uninstalled Spybot 1.3, rebooted and reinstalled it, but getting the same prob. Any ideas....I feel a bit 'naked' at present!
    Thanks,
    Buck.

Attached Files:

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi BB, ;)

It could be your firewall isn't allowing the download. Double check the settings. ;) Checking for Updates & Downloading them require different access ... as the Updater Checks one IP address, and the download will come from a different IP address depending on what server you choose to DL from. :) ~or~ try a different DL server.

Steve

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Don't scare your self BB....but check the mirror :) or your Firewall settings.

Spybot Search & Destroy Update Problems?

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thanks boys!!!! German Mirror did the trick!! Ol' Buck is proving himself to be quite a dumba55 lately eh?
    Cheers,
    Brad.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Found the same thing yesterday, just changed the mirror to another country and all was well. It happens once in a blue moon.

Cheers :D

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Might be worth emailing the creators of spybot, then again they get so much mail, might take a while to get a response. Then again, they probably realise and may have fixed the server by now.

Jimbob

7. pampeery

pampeery Guest

Would one of you computer geniuses mind telling just a plain ole' noncomputer housewife how to get rid of the bad checksum thing? Like, what is "moving the mirror"??

Plain simple english would be great!!! Like, does bad checksum mean I have a virus?

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might try to change the mirror (download site) and see if it will help. to change mirror chose from the dropdown list. see screen shot

Attached Files:

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Along with BigC's comments....try the BN FileForum (World) server selection. That one is actually several servers all over the world.

10. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Just try a different mirror, I get those bad checksum errors every so often myself and it is always fixed by using a different mirror.

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

A further screenshot to BigC's, clicking on "1" displays "2": a list of "Mirror" sites; these are additional sites where updates can be downloaded from.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

12. PKL

PKL Guest

13. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

spybot 1.4 is out and for some reason safer networking 1 only works for me haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.