Spybot 1.4 beta 2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 10spot, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10spot

10spot Guest

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Yes ;)

I use it without any problem...

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No problem here as well.

Cheers :D

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had it since it has been available and all is well so far. actually it might scan faster in this version.

bigc

5. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

Same here; no problems ;)

6. 10spot

10spot Guest

Thanks for the positive comments on Spybot. I think i'll give it a go. Was still using 1.3.

7. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

If you don't want to download it off the internet and risk downloading malware, there is another way to get this beta version. If you set spybot to advanced mode and go into the settings page, you can enable spybot to search for new beta versions as well as definition updates.

Jimbob

8. dog

dog Guest

Just adding an Attachment as a Visual to JB's Post above. ;)

Attached Files:

• Beta.png
      Beta.png
      File size:
      43.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Jimbob1989

Thats alright Steve, I had no idea how to do it before you told me ;)

Jimbob

10. dog

dog Guest

My Pleasure. ;)

11. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I just tried the update of the beta 1.4 version using the method described above and it went really well. I liked the way it then automatically installed itself using those clever little DOS boxes to activate the program over the old 1.3 version... very nice indeed and worked like a charm.

However... I now have a problem... not a serious one, but it's a bit annoying.

When I start the program, it now opens up in the settings window. I used to have 1.3 open in the check problems window (the obvious place) and would like this still to happen. Is there a way to rectify this bug, if that's what it is, as I can't see any reason for anyone wishing to keep needing to see saved settings every time the program starts. Once a user has decided the best settings, that should be it... a once only action.

Any ideas... or is this a price one has to pay for beta.

12. Jimbob1989

I just checked and it looks like spybot just remembers the last page or section you looked at. Just click on search and destroy on the left hand side of the window.

Jimbob

13. zarzenz

Hi Jimbob,

Yeah... just tried this. But what I mean is, if I run a check using the search and destroy window... and then close the program... the next time I start it... it opens up in settings again. Version 1.3 never did this.

Now maybe I need to see if there is a setting to save the last page... I'll have a look, as from the sound of it... your's remembers the last, which is what I want mine to do.

14. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Hi Zarzenz, It doesn't sound right. My 1.3 defaults to the main page on opening regardless of what was open before. Ie. I just used the shredder and closed it, then reopened and got the main page. I cant find a setting related to your prob. Sorry,
    Buck.

15. zarzenz

Hi bigbuck,

My 1.3 was also working ok. No... it's the 1.4 that has the problem here.

Have you also got 1.4 to check this out... but Jimbob's seems to be fine.

I may have a bad install here.

16. dog

dog Guest

No I believe it's a small little glitch ... My GUI opens to settings too. ~It's no issue really~ :)

I don't know if starting in Default mode ... has the same effect. But starting in advance mode opens the GUI to the settings menu.

Steve

17. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I've DL'd 1.4 beta2 but haven't installed yet. I like to check out how these beta's work for others first. I would probably uninstall 1.3 first though. I'm not sure that JB is on the beta version?
    Brad.

18. Jimbob1989

Yep, I am.

Jimbob

19. zarzenz

Thanks dog,

Ah... that's good to know. Yes, I always use advanced and guess what... you are spot on. I just did a little test and switched to the default mode, and it opened correctly, just like 1.3 used to... on the window with the option to check for problems or check for updates.

Now I know this is a glitch... I'm happy... cheers.

20. Jimbob1989

Ah, I understand. Guess we know for future reference incase it happens to anyone else.

Jimbob

21. zarzenz

I did the download via the built in update check as was described so well above by Jimbob and dog. It auto installed... was so good and easy.

22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you use or might consider using the TeaTimer feature....you needed to have downloaded the full installation and not over-write the 1.3 version.... because the integrated update does not contain the updated Teatimer.

23. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i have had the 1.4 beta for awhile and until yesterday it was set to advanced mode and always came up to the home page when loaded. then there was a update, a slew of stuff the other day. i ran them and now i have the settings page come up instead. tried the default mode and now its right again. thought maybe it was just a bad update or something.

24. zarzenz

Bubba,

I am using the TeaTimer resident and have it set to auto start on computer boot up. I also did the over-write install as above, and it's still working, with the lock icon auto starting in the systray as before and I've tested it by doing a disable of one of my startups, and it still warns me of the change.

So, could it be that the over-write has now been updated to keep TeaTimer active... as mine surely is... as I didn't do the full install.

Anyway... all seems to be working fine, so I'll probably just keep it like this now and wait for 1.4 to be made final, with maybe the settings bug fixed.

25. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What I said above was...."the integrated update does not contain the updated Teatimer"....nothing about TeaTimer was going to be Active or De-Active. In essence....you still have the TeaTimer file dated May 12, 2004....instead of the updated TeaTimer file dated Dec. 6, 2004.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.