Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Mar 9, 2006.
Spy Sweeper is my current antispyware... is CounterSpy better or which would you say is better?
What do you mean by "better"? Some pros and cons, in my expeience:
- CounterSpy is cheaper.
- CounterSpy has, in my experience, more effective realtime protection.
- SpySweeper is subject to far fewer false positives (FPs) than CounterSpy.
- SpySweeper protects multiple user accounts well, whereas CounterSpy does not.
- There have been (still are?) issues with SpySweeper (not always) updating it's defs.
- Resource usage (in terms of memory, and CPU usage) is broadly comparable.
- Both perform consistently at or near the top of the league with regards to detection and removal.
It's really 6 to one, half-a-dozen the other - it depends on what features are the most important for you.
My experience - both are heavy, Spy Sweeper is much lighter.
Detection rates - rather similar.
Go with Spy Sweeper.
I highly recommend SpySweeper. I've found it to place less of a burden on systems than CounterSpy. I've also found it to be easier to teach some people how to use.
CounterSpy may be less expensive, but when it comes down to the wire I've always recommended SpySweeper over it.
If I remember it right...some time ago, I saw the detection rates ranking in a UK pc mags. The no. 1 ranking anti-spyware is Spyware Doctor, No. 2 is CounterSpy and No. 3 is SpySweeper, No. 4 is the Outpost Pro built-in anti-spyware, and etc...
I will choose Sunbelt CounterSpy...maybe its looks similar w Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware Beta..but I think its more better, besides it's less expensive than the others. More on that was that it has an inputs from Microsoft's antispyware research team.
Thank you All for the opinions ... I think I'll stick with Spy Sweeper.
Separate names with a comma.