Spy Sweeper 6.0 Startup & Shut Down Problems

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jedi_m, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Hi,

I had both NOD32 v3 (latest build) and Spy Sweeper v 5.8 running perfect on my XP Pro SP3 PC.
    After upgrading to the new verion 6.0 my computer freezes at startup and also at Shut Down I see a message that a Spy Sweeper proccess can not be finished and the computer doesn't turn OFF.
    After installing and uninstalling Spy Sweeper 2 times without any improvement, I decide to uninstall Spy Sweeper and look for advice. I like both NOD32 Antivirus and Spy Sweeper and I want to keep them both on my PC.
    I already open a case with Webroot, but we know how "fast" the response will come and all the time the first reply is uselless (clean Temporary Internet file, Run MSCONFIG and clean some of the processes, do a defrag, etc). I've done all, my computer is "clean crystal".
    Is there any way to install back the previous version? Or any other Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jedi_m

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I also noticed that a 'version 6' had become available, but I haven't tried it since version 5.8 caused a number of problems. I still use version 5.5.7 without problems.

Usually, it's best to restore an image from before the 'upgrade'. If you haven't anything like that available, you'll end up with, at the very least, a (partially?) corrupted system.

Webroot's service is indeed abysmal, most of the time.

Maybe open a new ticket, ask for a version 5.5.7 or 5.8, and mention that you don't want to try all sorts of things in an attempt to get version 6 running. Your problems may have something to do with NOD32, service pack 3, other issues. I'm not sure how to ask/demand that, maybe it helps to be forceful. They tend to be thick. (My impression is that the technical support department is understaffed).

I still have an open ticket from more than a month ago ...

You don't happen to have a downloaded program of the previous version on your desktop or something like that ?

Does that 6.x version come without antivirus ?

Anyway, I when reinstalling I recommend using the customized install to protect your privacy.

3. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Thanks, thats what I just did. I spoke to a beautiful young and happy lady at Webroot and she sent me the link to install back the version 5.8.
    I'll be back on v6.0 when it's stable.

I have a full system backup created with Acronis in August, so I'll be fine, I can play a little.

Jedi_m

4. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

:D

It's working. Webroot sent me the link for downloading the previous version 5.8.
    First I did a registry cleanup with RegistryFix7 and install back the old version.
    I have both fighters (NOD32 & Spy Sweeper) active and running well again.

jedi_m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.