Spware Blaster scan question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tracy, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracy

Tracy Registered Member

How do I scan my computer using the Spyware Blaster to see what spyware stuff is on my computer? Help please

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Tracy,

First of all, Welcome to Wilders Security Forums!! :)

Now, you don't actually scan your PC with Spyware Blaster. Spyware Blaster is a preventative program. It sets flags in your registry to prevent the running of a specific list off bad spyware related ActiveX controls. This includes general spyware and malicious dialers. You just run SpywareBlaster periodically, say once a week, to check to see if its database has been updated. After that, it no longer needs to run, but the flags (kill-bits) remain, protecting you.

The list of items you see in the main SpywareBlaster Window (when you first start it) is a list of what it protects against, not what's actually on your PC.

I hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

3. Tracy

Tracy Registered Member

So there's no real way to see what's actually on my computer?

4. LowWaterMark

>> So there's no real way to see what's actually on my computer?

Not with Spyware Blaster, however, if you combine it with a tool like Spybot S&D, you can use Spybot to scan and Spyware Blaster to prevent. Together, they cover quite a lot of spyware.

The two authors of these programs do recommend each other's as complimentary products. Also, Ad-Aware is an alternative to Spybot S&D, another very good scanner.

5. Tracy

Tracy Registered Member

Is it a freeware?

6. LowWaterMark

Yes, all the products listed above are free.

Note that the words "Spybot S&D" and "Ad-Aware" in my post above are links to their sites where you can read about and download their software.

7. Tracy

Tracy Registered Member

Thank you for your help :) ;)

8. LowWaterMark

No problem. Glad to help. :)

9. danbrown76

danbrown76 Guest

just info for anyone reading this, I've been a spybot S&D and spywareblaster user for a while and I love the programs. Spybot has been a HUGE help in detecting and removing spyware, and I've noticed in many ways how spywareblaster really does prevent spyware from getting installed!

I installed spywareblaster on one woman's computer (who is notorious for unknowingly downloading and installing spyware) and now she complains to me that she can't install Gator and Hotbar!!! I love it!

Thanks for the great software!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.