Sprint: Employee Stole Customer Data

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Brian Krebs

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

When you sit an underpaid, usually low-skilled person whose job is constantly threatened with outsourcing, down at a desk and give him/her access to a database filled to the brim with thousands or more customer's personal information, this is bound to happen (if this was a customer service rep). I worked in that field when I was 18, and I sat down in the middle of a goldmine every day.

The IT guys were basically high-paid versions of the Three Stooges, the supervisors and head bosses were at "lunch meetings" sometimes twice a day. I could have done some catastrophic damage, and a few people actually DID do some damage to some very rude customers. And no one was watching the helm and could prove a thing.

3. rlong

rlong Registered Member

Ronjor,

Is there any info about this on the web or did it come to you through the grapevine? I'm always interested to hear about the latest corporate data breaches. Thanks.

4. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.