Splitting an existing tib file...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xschema, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xschema

xschema Registered Member

... and keep it working. Is it possible ?

I have some old backups of different partitions and would put those files together on Iomega REV cartridges. Such filesystem limit is around 2GB, while those images are 4-5 GB each.
    Does it exist some tool or workaround to fix the bulk-splitted files when they are ATI (v8/v9) images ?

I guess if I split them by some utility and rename them correctly they SHOULDN'T work within the restore/plug facility... :D

Of course, backing up those images as normal files to cartridges by the Iomega utilities is not a solution to me, because they always need to be restored to a disk before mounting the tib files.

Thanks for any advice.

2. thehotrod

thehotrod Registered Member

You could try using Winzip or WinRar to compress and splitt the files and burn them to CD or DVD, then uncompress and recombine them wherever you need.

3. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

From What I've Read From The Forums And PDF Manual, The Onlt way to do what you want is to:

1) Restore Your backups One by one after you make a backup of your current partition.

2) Create A Backup after the restore is performed using your old Backups, and Choose The option save to CD Or DVD AS File size, you have the option of setting your own file size, just type in the file size.

after you choose the file size you want, finish the backup operation for each page as done before

4. xschema

xschema Registered Member

Thanks for your answer. It was exactly what I guessed.
    I'm going to use a new partition large enough to restore, one by one, all those images. Then back'em up all again instructing TI9 to split under 2gb limit.

Do you think could I have problems - in case of failure and grave need to restore - with the changed partition letters ? (I couldn't backup from C: once restored to another non-system partition... :))
    ... Or, as an alternative, use a VMWare virtual disk to do the job...

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.