Spider v1.16

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by habari42, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habari42

habari42 Registered Member

Thanks but I haven't got "Performance" in my Win98SE My Computer.
    However, System Informatiom shows my System Resources to be 24% free.
    It seems strange that I only have the problem here!! Cheers, Haba. :(

2. habari42

Hi. In my posting of 14AUg I said "can anyone tell me why clicking on StevieO's links only gets me the No-Can-Do dong and also locks-up my scrolling? Is there anything I can do about it.?." I have now discovered that clicking on X close produces the same page and frees up scrolling but the link stays dead. Also, that exactly the same thing happens on all the other forums I visit although not with AOL links. I'm completely baffled.!! Any suggestions welcome. Cheers, Haba. o_O

3. WhereTheBeef

WhereTheBeef Guest

HABA

24% resources free is LOW.....try removing a few programs from your start-up.......you can also try installing a memory manager like MAXMEM from:
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/maxmem.htm

The memory manager will help but it wont solve your problem of an overloaded computer......24% thats LOW....MAXMEM comes pre-set so just leave it "as is" .......
    When memory is low things just struggle to work....

4. wherethebeef

wherethebeef Guest

HABA

To locate "Performance" on win98se right click on MY COMPUTER then on "PROPERTIES".........an "Performance" will be on the upper right side of the new window that opens.........stay out the rest of the stuff there are you could do damage to your computer.......if you have a resource meter no point in even going to MY COMPUTER.....but remember using a resource meter TAKES RESOURCES an you are nearly out of resources.....start closing a few programs

5. wherethebeef

wherethebeef Guest

6. habari42

Many thanks for all the helpful information WTB. I am in the process of weedng out my programs and it would be useful to know what sort of free resources figure I should aim for,please.? I never suspected that my 24% was low,as I would have thought that a user level of about three-quarters of ANY resource was quite reasonable.! Incidently,just what "resources" are we talking about here.? I have masses of free disc drive space and my memory load is 63%,or does that mean my memory is low too.?!! I hope you enjoy your "break". Cheers, Haba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.