Speed of light could have been infinite; huh?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by FanJ, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

2. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Einstein's wisdoms:

"My intellectual development was retarded,as a result of which I began to wonder about space and time only when I had already grown up".

3. root

root Registered Member

Bah! Too many of todays scientists are just trying to grandstand like the politicians and movie stars. They want their 15 minutes of fame.
    Now they don't even know if butter is better than margerine or if margerine is better or if butter is margerine or if its really all just soft cheeze in disguise.
    Lights slowing down huh? Few years from now, a slow train will pass it up, I suppose.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, I was thinking my lightbulbs were filling the room with light just a little bit slower lately than they used to. At least now I know it's not just me.

BTW, what will we do when the light from our headlights can't keep up with our cars when we are going down the highwayo_O

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

actualy i belive speed of light is inposiable for the hueman body to survive because of the gravity in space=)

same effect as g force to much will kill you.

now befor you all jump not so smart blaze let me ask you this.

how can a rocket ship propel thru space if there is no gravity?

answer there is gravity imited from plants stars and qu zars ect

is the spped of light infinit no it eventualy ends take for example a burnt out sar eventualy the star will fade alway in thosands of years or so but there is and end.

and what about a black hole consider this speed of light or light hits a black hole it gone there for it ends positive and negitive all things have an end.

you have to look threw the eys of a god i know it sound stupit but consider this.

the human race is how many years old

compare that to how old the earth is

now compare that to how old this solar system is

and finaly compare that to how old the unvirse is where just a drop of time in the bucket.

we are like a fly that lives foe 1 day then dies to the fly it felt to it that it lived a full life to huemans its just 1 day and thats how it all works you exsist then you dont.

thats true with everything.

if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound.

if the human race no longher exsist will ligfht speed still exsist no it wont mater no one is there to witness it lol

there for there is an end to everything wow this whacky tobacky is great lol hugs love you by by=)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Wise words, Blaze !!!

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol will i thought id take a crack at it lol it made sence to me hoping some one gets the jest of what i was trying to point out =) thx fan j for your kind words=)

8. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

It has already been demonstrated that light particles can be slowed and even stopped, and that light waves can be accelerated to over thirty-three times the so-called speed of light. These experiments were reported in New Scientist well over a year ago.

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Checkout, I must have missed that....
    O well, the world of quantum-physica is a "strange" world; hum, it is our world ;)

10. snowy

snowy Guest

***if a tree falls in the forest.....etc, etc,***

according to the law of cause and affect.....as studied by a group of researchers a few years back.....if a leaf falls in a forest the affects will be "felt" tens of thousands of miles away. a "rippling affect"

hey..don't ask me...I would not even be here if I knew how to turn this darn computer off.....!!!!

snowman

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

but what about the computer-screen of person A if person B pushes a key on his keyboard, that must then also have some effect........ :D

12. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Let's not go overboard on this one. Yes, everything affects everything else, but a butterfly farting in the Serengetti isn't going to make Doubleclick disappear, any more than gravity affects Newton's Third Law (whatever Blaze may think to the contrary - you could spend the next ten millennia in space and the nearest star - apart from the Sun - wouldn't pull you a centimetre towards it. You need a course in basic physics, Blaze; gravity is a weak force, and the electromagnetic forces today aren't the same as they were when the Universe started. we'd have solved the GUT by now otherwise.)

Go into any forest and you'll find trees that fell when nobody was there to hear them. Stuff and nonsense, that's all. Bah humbug.

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I thought that was how DoubleClick was born. Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.