Specified network name is no longer available

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidxtaylor, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidxtaylor

davidxtaylor Registered Member

I am trying to backup to a network drive (Lacie ethernet 250gb) from Acronis 9.0 (2337) from a WinXP Pro pc. Network is at home, with a router connecting to the internet and the Lacie is the only other device present locally. I have tried several times, invariably the operation stops about 10/15 mins into the backup, with the message "Specified network name is no longer available", after which the Lacie drive is shown as disconnected in windows Explorer.

If I use the drive from explorer in the normal way it does not disconnect, so the behious seems associated with Acronis.

Please can you suggest some reasons for this. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Could be that build (2337) that you are using. Update to the latest and see if it solves the problem.

3. davidxtaylor

davidxtaylor Registered Member

Thanks for this suggestion; I installed the latest build but the same thing occured, though with a slightly more verbose error message (see log file) including WriteFileNoCache Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB1212B. Does anyone know what this might mean?

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello davidxtaylor,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error.
    Please also send us a screen shot of the error, if possible.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and let us know the exact vendor and model of the network drive you use. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.