Special Offer from Outpost for Sygate/Kerio Customers

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hazeleyze, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

2. wow

wow Guest

Wow, this a great deal. I would jump all over this if I was anybody else.

3. KWR

KWR Guest

Re: Its only for Paid For users though...

Its a competitive upgrade for the paid for versions of sygate & kerio though.

Considering how many users of the free sygate there are I hoped someone (good) might have put up a good price to tempt the free users. Although since symantec (sygate) have abandoned their Paid For users aswell as the free ones I have very mixed feelings about paying for a firewall. Clearly even paying money does not guarantee (say) a year or two of rundown.

Symantec (spit) had implied in the press that it would be 6 months before integration and (one would assume) longer before the old versions became unsupported... In reality they waited about 6-8 weeks and then made a short notice announcement of sudden death (of support and upgrades - I know the app still works).

Amazingly - when I started posting about the sudden death of sygate (last week) I appear to have been one of the first to uncover the announcement. I posted mainly to ask how I had missed it before... When in practice the announcement had been made in very short order. Interestingly they update the message to imply that some support and maybe the forums would continue for "longer". So paragraph one => no more forums and paragraph two => forums will continue. Very Clear (not) - how very $ymantec.

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hey guys . You can always contact Agnitum and tell them that you want to switch to OP from what you use . You , more than likely , will get the $ 19.95 deal . Just ask . I am glad the Sygate users will look elsewhere . They need to get a firewall that works . lol . Almost any will do . For Kerio users , OP is very close to how OP operates .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.