Spam Problems

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by wpdmc, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place or not. I've been getting quite a bit of unsolicited e-mail from,mailto:judahsanctuary@yahoogroups.com. I've been reporting them to Spamcop to the tune of about
    40 e-mails already. Does anyone know how i can stop these from coming? I don't even know how they got my address, but they're a real pain, and it's all about things in India. Thanks, wpdmc.:mad:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Don't you have any anti-spam software and which email program do you use?

3. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

No, I don't have any anti-spam software. My e-mail program is Outlook Express 6.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

5. pepim

pepim Registered Member

A good antispamsoftware is Mailwasher. Experts recommend it and I think it's a very nice program. There's a free version (only for POP).

Furthermore I would recommend using Thunderbird instead of Outlook.

edit: I see I could've saved me the trouble :blink:

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  6. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Hi Bubba, I contacted my ISP, and they tried to tell me how to set-up my outlook xpress to block it, but it didn't work. I went to the BlueSecurity program, but the site seemed to be getting worked on. I kept going back but the site was still down, and i guess i forgot to keep going back. I checked out mailwashers program, but not being very computer program literate, there were parts i didn't understand. I still have it downloaded but haven't installed it. I looked at scbl, and it seemed to send me from one site to another,but i did use spamcops spam processor, and have been doing so.
    Today after my post i received an e-mail from yahoo
    reprsentitives, stating they would be getting back to me with-in 48hrs. I didn't receive this until after my post.
    I have been trying to utilize former suggestions, but not fully understanding some of the programs, i chose to
    keep reporting to spamcop, which seems to finally be paying off. Thanks wpdmc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.